PDA

View Full Version : oh no the panics coming Help!!!

mandshere2000
24-11-13, 07:20
Hi
How do I calm down and stop this panic in its tracks, I always
get like this every month it's PMS, here comes the shaking:scared15:
is this adrenaline so scared right now could cry
Manda

mandshere2000
24-11-13, 21:42
Feeling a little hurt to not get even 1 reply:huh:

PanchoGoz
24-11-13, 21:49
People have given you loads of help on all your other threads and they will yet and there's CBT4Panic too. You won't learn to manage panic by seeking reassurance from other people every time. All you need is knowlege, to learn the skills. You have posted a lot when you panic at night time but you need to learn to manage it yourself one day by trying out the techniques and proving panic can't harm you! We can't to this for you, you have to make that leap Manda, I know you can do it. You have power over this.

mandshere2000
24-11-13, 23:00
Hi pancho
I know your right, I do have to learn to control it myself...but I
also find talking to someone does really help take my mind of off the feelings
that panic brings, feeling a little embarrassed now:blush:after reading your reply
thinking do I get on folks nerves constantly asking the same advice, but in the
middle of panic it seems we can just react in different ways

---------- Post added at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

I do have periods where I do get the better of the panic, but the times I don't
is if I've not had any sleep or had a really stressful day

Daisy Sue
24-11-13, 23:11
It is hard to turn your thoughts around when you feel the panic rising, but really that's the only way I've managed to control panic attacks.. force myself to repeat positive thoughts and sentences in my head, and to breathe deep 'belly' breaths at the same time.

I know some people find Bach's Rescue Remedy helpful (not tried it myself) and I noticed they're now doing a night-time one to relax you into sleep - might be worth a try. :)

mandshere2000
24-11-13, 23:41
Thanks daisy:) will try the positive thoughts and sentences

PanchoGoz
24-11-13, 23:42
You're not getting on people's nerves, don't worry about that. But I do feel concerned when I see your threads. You need to nail this down. Have you been through the links in my signiture? Every time you panic you need to have, perhaps on a flashcard, what you need to do. What ways have you used so far to manage your panic?