PDA

View Full Version : Another supermarket incident and other things (Moany thread).

Uncertain27
24-11-13, 07:29
This is just a 'please cheer me up' thread really, so it might be in the wrong section. :blush:

I was shopping and a woman burst into tears at the checkout next to me. I asked her what was the matter and she said her brother died a few weeks ago and she just saw his favourite Christmas items in there. :weep: I ended up with her crying on me in the middle of the packing area!
It probably sounds selfish but I found that quite upsetting, especially as one of my fears is my family dying young, and I'm incredibly bad with situations like that anyway.

Then I went home and tried to cheer myself up by watching Doctor Who, and was taken by surprise by the EXTREMELY graphic war scenes that were in it! I mentioned before that my worst fear is nuclear war and the end of the world, and I really did not need to see that without a warning! :ohmy:
If anyone else saw it, can they tell me if I'm just being a huge wimp or if it was really that bad?

I'm also annoyed because I ended up replacing my phone when I didn't need to. Oh and between all of that and my already weird sleeping pattern I've now been awake most of the night.

Annie0904
24-11-13, 09:24
I hope you have a better day today. I am sure the lady really appreciated you being able to comfort her.
I have never watched Dr Who. It was always on tv when we visited my Grandma in the 1960's and I was so scared of the Daleks that I used to hide behind the sofa! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Magic
24-11-13, 10:26
I hope you will be ok Uncertain. I have to say I have never watched Dr Who at all, but last night I started to watch it, as I liked the actors who were in it. was supposed to be a special episode-- but I turned over to another side.
I don't have the news on either.
I do things that are unnecessary so you are not the only one. Then I spend half the night downstairs thinking about it:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Uncertain27
24-11-13, 10:51
I hope you will be ok Uncertain. I have to say I have never watched Dr Who at all, but last night I started to watch it, as I liked the actors who were in it. was supposed to be a special episode-- but I turned over to another side.
I don't have the news on either.
I do things that are unnecessary so you are not the only one. Then I spend half the night downstairs thinking about it:hugs::hugs::hugs:
Do you mean you turned over because of what I mentioned, or just because you were bored with it or something? :)

blue moon
24-11-13, 11:28
I think she mean turned to another station.I have not watched Dr Who,not my cup of tea.....and war I have been there still have terrible nightmares.

Petra

Uncertain27
24-11-13, 12:00
I think she mean turned to another station.I have not watched Dr Who,not my cup of tea.....and war I have been there still have terrible nightmares.

Petra
I know she meant that, I was just asking if it was for the same reason. :) And you definitely should stay away from this episode then, I had a nightmare afterwards and I've never been anywhere near a war zone. :blush:

russdownunder
24-11-13, 12:11
Getting emotional at the supermarket just tells me your very sensitive to the feelings of others. I wish there where more people like you.

As far as nuclear war and the end of the world goes. Pfft. We're all in the same boat with the same fears. I doubt it will happen in our lifetime though.:)

Magic
24-11-13, 15:18
Uncertain,Hi, I turned the tv over to another station, because I thought it was utter rubbish.
Just wanted to see what the "special one off Dr who" was like, only had it on for about ten minuets so did not see any war zones.
As I said there were some good actors in it just wanted to see them, but did not watch it long enough.xx

Uncertain27
24-11-13, 23:34
Thanks guys. I hope I don't end up nervous of going shopping, because that was not the first time I've been in situations like that. :ohmy: