PDA

View Full Version : New !

Cjaneb
24-11-13, 09:07
Hello all I'm new ! I'm in my 30's and always been an anxious person. At the moment I am anxious most of the time and it's taking over my life ! My main problem is that I get visual migraines (mild in themselves but I can't see for 20 mins). I worry I will have one and not be able to get to my little girl if she is at school or I'll have one when I am out with her. My anxiety makes me dizzy and also get tunnel vision (not sure if this is unusual) which then makes the migraines more likely as the doc said they are due to stress. Things like bright lights or flashes panic me as I fear the migraines

Tanner40
24-11-13, 13:48
Cjaneb, welcome to the forum. You will find a great deal of support here. I too have visual migraines with aura. I will never forget the first time that I had one. Scared me to death! Mine are definitely stress related. Florescent lights which blink will often set mine off. I have had them for so long, that they no longer stress me out or fuel my anxiety. They can't hurt me and I know that they only last a very short time. While they are annoying, I still seem to manage to be able to do anything short of reading. Good luck and stay calm when they happen.

Cjaneb
24-11-13, 14:12
Thank you for the reply. Helps to know I am not alone ! The lights are a trigger for me - I think this is why I get so anxious at work as I've had most of the migraines there.

Mark13
29-11-13, 17:19
Hello and :welcome:to the forum.

tissyis
29-11-13, 21:34
hi and welcome from another newbie :)