PDA

View Full Version : I went back the dr

Jem27
08-11-06, 18:48
I am due to see the Ear, nose & throat surgeon in January, been suffering with chronic sinusitis all year, maybe even years they think but this year by far the worst.

Last few days ive had a temperature, ear & sinus pain, shivers etc.... he thinks I have a bacterial infection so im on anti bs again. I am back panicking now that im at risk of meningitis. Been doing so well about those fears but now ive an infection im worrying. Shouldn't' I be reasured now im on antibiotics?? you would think wouldn't u.

He asked how I was and said I had spoken to my husband about what could possibly of happened. I told him that I hadn't slept in about a week and he asked why, I told him I was scared about the HIV test and he said to me that the risk is about 1% through sexual contact and thats *if* the person has HIV +. He said he was once jabbed by a neddle that had been used to test someone for HIV, he had to be tested and he was fine and that was blood to blood contact where the risk is higher but still slim.

I feel so much more relaxed about the test now. It certainly has taught me a huge lesson, 1 that the grass isn't greener on the other side and 2 that I will never ever get myself that drunk again.

Thanks for all your kind words this week, lets hope I now relax about the test and hopefully feel better in a day or so now im on anti bs.

nomorepanic
08-11-06, 20:44
Jem

I have a feeling of pressure behind my nose, have a sore throat and have to keep popping my ears. I am also feeling dizzy. Is that sinus problems?

Just wondered.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

ajk
08-11-06, 21:55
Hi Jem

Ear nose and throat stuff can make you feel really miserable. Like you I have been suffering from sinus problems and post nasal drip far worse this year than ever but with no known cause.

I do know that my health anxiety does make it worse and I've just come out of a really horrible episode which made my sinus symptoms unbearably worse with ear and neck pain - guess what they seemed to have calmed down now that I have!!!!!

When you are anxious you can do all sorts of things to your ears, neck, breathing and swallowing believe me - clenching my jaw tight through tension and anxiety caused my ear pain.

I don't think you have any risk of getting meningitis Jem so please stop worrying. It sounds like you have a great doctor. How much longer do you have to wait for your test results? Take care love Alison

Jem27
08-11-06, 22:05

Nicola yes they do sound like sinus probs, probably caused by the change in the weather, I am worse again now its gone cold.

Alison, thanks. I have been incredibly stressed recently so it could well be that, my jaw & neck ache also. I do notice my sinuses are worse when im stressed.

I have a HIV test in 3 weeks time so in a month I should know but im fairly confident now:-)

Thanks