PDA

View Full Version : HA and my worries about melanoma

unsure_about_this
24-11-13, 15:37
I fear melanoma even more know because of the news in the paper that Vinnie Jones and wife. Plus Hugh Jackson.

I am forever checking my skin, also because of my NF as well I fear that my lumps will turn bad. I do have regularly checks for these lumps but probably not as much I would like them to be checked.

I am scared of everything about my body still.

I am getting CBT and been for 3 sessions so far. This was one of the things I listed of my worries. I am scared of my health.

I cant shake of the fear of cancer and what if.

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

I know I sound kind of selfish that there are people on here who have had cancer or who know people who had cancer etc.

Reading more about these cancers scared me. One thing what my CBT coach has picked up I am more afraid of cancer, than I have got NF which I have had all my life and there is no known cure.

GPs may think I am hypochordiac keep on going on the doctors to see them. I know I can't see them every day because there are other people who got possible serious illnesses who need to see them.

---------- Post added at 15:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

I do take care in the sun and it does annoy me since I still go away with my parents on holiday because I have a disability, that we don't put enough suntan protection on. I protection my legs well on the sun lounge by using the towel to stop my legs burning.
I don't smoke or drink booze as well.

AnxietySufferer
24-11-13, 16:51
Hello again Phil !! �� inless you have been exposing your self to high amounts of sun or sun beds like celebrities do.. Then you have quite a low risk! Obviously it's important to check for changes in the skin, but there is no point in obsessing over it (easier said than done since I'm still obsessing over bowel cancer) if your gonna get cancer there is nothing you can do to change it, the worrying won't prevent cancer, the best way to deal with it is to get use to the fact that although cancers possible.. It's unlikely at this stage in your life! If it happened then you will be able to fight it, especially since you go for regular checkups.. Therefore if anything was wrong it would be caught early and removed straight away!