PDA

View Full Version : Something in throat (not a tonsil stone)

twelveoclock
24-11-13, 16:36
Hello...

Hope you're all good.

What's been bothering me for a about a month now is something that I see at the back of my throat when I look with a flash light in the mirror. It is an off-whitish/yellowish ball stuck at the back of my throat. Not on the tonsils, so it isn't, according to my knowledge, a tonsil stone which would have been easy to deal with. This thing is on the back wall of my throat. I tried moving it with my finger and a tooth pick and it doesn't move. :(

Does anyone know what it could be? Can you possibly have tonsil stones somewhere other than tonsils? My tonsils are ok. Not swollen or anything and the craters are empty too. My throat is fine too. I do have GERD and post nasal drip.

This ball thingy doesn't hurt or anything, it's just there and it scares me a lot. BTW I'm 18.

Thanks for any help.

Jo1981
24-11-13, 17:31
Hey just to let you know i have the same thing its on the wall of my throat..it doesnt bother me either and wouldnt of even known it was if i hadnt of shone a torch in my throat..i have had mine a while and sometimes i get worried about it but i have been to three different dentists and they have never mentioned and the doctor looked and didnt seem concerned..i suffer with post nasal drip and sinus problems so im thinking it could be related or it could be a build upmof food..the one i have is tiny looks yellow and is soft to touch..i was also thinking tonsil stones..

LE
24-11-13, 22:29
I have this too. It's on the back wall of my throat ad I saw it with a flash light. It does look like a small tonsil stone but like your sounds, it's not. I tried to push it etc but nothing happens.

I had gp look at my throat the other week as I had a flu type virus and he never mentioned it. I'm not sure how long it's been there. I do have an ENT follow up app next week for fluid in ears so i will see what he says then.

Have any of you ask your gp about it?

Fishmanpa
25-11-13, 00:02
What are you guys doing shining flashlights and sticking fingers down your throats? It certainly brings some unusual imagery to mind :)

Positive thoughts

penguin120
25-11-13, 03:28
I have that too, and I'm pretty sure I always have...I'm a regular patient at the dentist and orthodontist, and have gotten a strep throat test recently (where they stuck stuff down my thoat) and they have never said anything... I don't think it's a problem!(:

twelveoclock
25-11-13, 14:45
I have been to a doctor for other problems with my thorat, he obviously looked down my throat but didn't mention anything about it (back then I didn't know this thing existed, but I'm sure it's been there for a while now.)

What are you guys doing shining flashlights and sticking fingers down your throats? It certainly brings some unusual imagery to mind :)

Positive thoughts

Haha yeah, but thing is my throat keeps giving me problems and I'm always poking flashlights inside to see if I can figure out what's wrong.

But don't think I'm gonna be doing it all that often any more, if others have this too and it isn't anything serious. Thank you so incredibly much for your input everyone. :)