PDA

View Full Version : ESA to JSA Help!!

craig24222
24-11-13, 21:57
Hi, I am currently claiming ESA for depression and have been for about 6 months. I have started to feel a lot better recently and think I am ready to start looking for work again. My sick note runs out on the 16th of December and I want to end my ESA claim and start claiming JSA from this date. How do I go about this? Do I phone up jobcentre plus and explain it to them? And how long does it take to switch from ESA to JSA? Am i going to be left with no money coming in for weeks/months?

Oh and also I am only in the assessment phase of my ESA claim. I currently get £71 a week. Not sure if this makes any difference!

Thanks a lot for your help people:)

Annie0904
24-11-13, 22:16
You will be best calling the ESA office and asking them for advise but make sure you really do feel well enough before you do it. I am assuming that as you are in the assessment phase that you won't know yet if you are in the work related group or support group? In the work related group you are allowed to do a certain amount of permitted work without it affecting your claim (If you are contribution based ESA) so this may be a good option for you to start with to make sure you are well enough.