PDA

View Full Version : Heart issues

Cammy
25-11-13, 00:34
About 5 months ago I had an ECG as I was experiencing pains in my my chest. The doctor and cardiologist said everything was fine. I still have the pains in my chest, but also I feel tingling in my left arm and neck and also a sore jaw.

I'm particularly not feeling well right now, I'm home alone and I really need a little reassurance. I feel as if I'm away to have a heart attack or go into complete panic mode :( :(

Ally-SA
25-11-13, 11:06
Panic sometimes seems like a heart attack, but it's not. So many of us here have the exact same symptoms as you - and have had tests done - with good results.

If a cardiologist isn't worried, then neither should you be. It's not that easy, I know! But some time you're going to have to take a chance and trust the doctors. :)

HoneyLove
25-11-13, 11:54
Cammy, sorry you're not feeling good!

What have you done today to help manage the anxiety? Have you dont any relaxation or CBT exercises around your fears?

Cammy
25-11-13, 12:59
I am waiting to hear back from a psychologist to start cbt, I'm on citalopram at the moment which is mere numbing my emotions if anything

HoneyLove
25-11-13, 13:12
Glad to hear you'll be getting CBT, I hope it will start soon.

The relaxation stuff you can do by yourself in the meantime, it will help more than you think. You could Google stress management if you'd like some ideas?