PDA

View Full Version : please someone reply

Pet59
25-11-13, 06:57
Im in the midst of a full on panic attack caused by my own stupidity and drinking too much wine last night. My heart rate is 112 and blood pressure has gone to 135/99. Please help me

HoneyLove
25-11-13, 07:02
Pet sorry you're feeling so bad, do these things to help yourself feel better:

- stop checkin your heart rate & blood pressure, it's not helping your sense of panic
- go get a glass of water and drink it, sipping slowly
- eat some breakfast, after drinking last night your blood sugars will be low & replenishing them will help you feel better
- sit down for a couple of minutes and do a breathing exercise: breathe in for 7 counts and out for 11 counts, just normal breath not exaggerated, if you do this for a few minutes it will change the levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide in your body to calm you down. Focusing on your breath will also help your mind to clear.

Pet59
25-11-13, 07:10
Thank you for replying Honeylove. I feel awful. I will try what you suggested.

HoneyLove
25-11-13, 07:54
I hope you feel better!

I also meant to say if you have any B vitamin complex like Berrocca then it would be good to make one - when you drink it uses up your B vitamins, and these are the ones we need for a happy nervous system.

Only take supplements if they're compatible with any meds you're on of course :)

Dvorak
25-11-13, 10:50
There's no need to worry. Refrain from taking your blood pressure when feeling agitated in the future, though. I once made the same mistake during a bad panic attack. I had 154 bpm and my bp was at 167/110. :)