PDA

View Full Version : Almost 4 weeks on zoloft and feeling more depressed

chicaplatense1
25-11-13, 20:19
I was feeling good last week, had a few great days.
But now I feel anxious, sad, depressed and utterly hopless.
All I want to do is cry and sleep and when I wake up I want to cry because I am still alive.
Has anyone else gone through this?
I was on 50mg for 2 weeks and now 100mg for a week and a half. The only thing that helps me function is the Clonazepam.

Ally-SA
26-11-13, 11:00
To be on 100mg after 2 weeks - no wonder you don't feel well.

You should have stayed on 50mg until you felt okay - until the side effects lessened BEFORE going up on the meds.

I stayed on 25mg for over a month, and then only moved up to 50mg a week ago.

It will take around 4 weeks (more or less) for your body to adjust to the meds at 100mg - so hang in there! :)

chicaplatense1
26-11-13, 20:55
Thank you!! I am almost at week 2 on Thursday, so will give it time.

fay2013
26-11-13, 21:02
Hey, I went from 50mg to 150mg in just two weeks and I was ok pretty soon enough, all antidepressants can make symptoms worse in the first few weeks so hang in there, but go back to docs if your not feeling better soon, maybe they don't suit you. Good luck.

chicaplatense1
27-11-13, 21:15
wow! That's a big jump! Yea, I think I am experiencing side effects because my nausea has been getting pretty bad, so I think I am trying to adjust to the dose increase. I feel a little more calm today compared to the last 4 days that have been hell. It seems like it takes me a while to feel the effects of medication including side effects. My doctor said to continue because it has only been 2 weeks since the increase. It has been rough....

fay2013
27-11-13, 22:33
It is rough, its not easy is it :( good that u r feeling calmer today. It was a big jump I agree, but I guess it was much needed at the time :/