PDA

View Full Version : Mole/doctors question

goldenchicks522
25-11-13, 21:55
Ok i went to my doctor about a mole
It had been worrying me before this though, and i just couldnt pluck up the courage to go about it, convinced myself it had always been like that.

it looks similar to this in the slideshow, the one with the darker middle bit that says 'moderately atypical nevus'
http://www.medscape.com/features/slideshow/mole-melanoma/

im not sure how it developed, and how i didnt notice if one day i did not have it and the next day i had it so convinced myself it must been there...

anyway went to my doctor who said she thought she knew what kind of mole it was, but said nothing about it being bad. would she have told me it was bad if it was??
the letter i got sent to go and see about it, I ignored through fear and anxiety, and they did not make me attend another one just dropped it.
Would they not have made me go if they thought i had to??

If feel even more embarrased to see my doctor and tell her that i completely ignored it and became too anxious to get it seen, what if its bad. :weep:

but now ive got a real worry about another mole, and i know I have to get it seen because it is really worrying and has changed in a weird way. so I'd like to get them both taken off ... but I'm jsut too anxious to see about it. im too scared its bad that theyre both bad. :weep:

HyPoCon
26-11-13, 07:22
Do not feel embarrassed, they deal with thing you or I could not even dream of.......

Think about it this way, if you are anxious about it now, imagine how stressed you will be in a week or a month about it, wishing you had gone now!

They may have given you a referral because it was worrying you, not because it is anything serious, but as you said it has changed, so go to your DR and ask these questions, ask your DR why they are sending you, ask them whether they think it is bad or not, If they are bad which is unlikely, they would only get worse by doing nothing :)

If you need to talk message me