PDA

View Full Version : Lower tummy/pelvic pain

kirstynic
26-11-13, 09:26
Hi I don't know what to do so was hoping for some advice and trying to stop googling.

Since last week I have been getting constant left sided pelvic ache/cramp. Doctors treated me for a uti but my test came back clear from the lab so they said it wasn't that causing it.
The doctor felt my tummy and also did a brief internal examination.
I attended the doctors a total of 3 times last week saw a different person each time and yet still have no answers.

What I am feeling is a constant( it does not go not even for a minute of the day)
Dull ache on my lowers left side pelvic area and even reaching round my left hip, almost feels like trapped wind but is not relived upon doing so.

I have been treated for adhesions in the past (may 2012) the doctor mentioned they could be back but was not a definite cause of symptoms.

I also have a lower back ache.

I tried pushing for an ultrasound but the doctor don't believe I need one unless I get increased tummy size, weight loss or get full quickly or if pain gets worse.

Of coursed as an anxiety sufferer I am convinced it's some sort of cancer specifically gyno related.

Anyone else had this? I don't have ibs, I am 27 years old.

What should I do? Do I go back to the doctors? Do I wait a few weeks? I know I have to stop googling typed in constant pelvic ache and top result was ovarian cancer?! No it didn't help :(

pearl79
26-11-13, 09:55
Havent you worried about this before? Or was it your mum? X

kirstynic
26-11-13, 10:04
Hi pearl you are right on both counts. My mum had a scare in the past when the doctor found a lump in pressing her tummy.

I have had a similar problem with the ache in tis place to tho this time is a little different and accompanied with back ache x

kirstynic
27-11-13, 08:14
I have noticed that when I am in bed the pain is barely there. Then upon waking and starting to move around the pain is back?

hheavenlyangel
27-11-13, 08:41
I would check for more adhesions. I don't think it would be ovarian cancer so don't worry too much about that. Sometimes when we concentrate on something so much the sensation amplifies. It could even be that you just need to see the Chiro and get an alignment.

kirstynic
27-11-13, 09:23
Thankyou it seems like the tummy pain is getting higher too like not just low down now but also up towards my tummy button? Yet like I said when I am resting and in bed it feels ok. Just stressing me out now as is constant with every hour I am awake and dr google keeps bringing up a whole list of cancers it could be :(

hheavenlyangel
27-11-13, 09:47
Dr Google doesn't know a thing... I bet he didn't even examine you hey... and out he comes with the .... ok, It must be cancer diagnosis. Stupid Dr Google.... Why must he be so literal...?? :) Seriously though, I know someone who was recently diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer and nothing you are experiencing is what they had, not one of your symptoms. I myself have tummy pains mainly on the left side up toward the ribs but sometimes the sensation moves towards my belly button. Its a gawd awful feeling but that's all it is - a sensation. If you have a history of adhesions go get it checked (my mother in law has these so I know how you must have felt you poor thing) Through CBT you learn to challenge those thoughts you're having, we always like to try and justify our way of thinking but its not doing you or I any good and we have our good and bad days. Just know that this is just a sensation, its nothing to be concerned about, yes its annoying, but its nothing to worry about.

Sorry just a bit more to add. My first lot of CBT, I had to limit my google sessions. I want you to do this too. So today, you have to limit your searches to 1 hour in the day only. That's it, you have 1 hour to search the net about your symptoms. My Psychiatrist told me that the moment I found what I was looking for I had to stop. You must be strong though and just trust in yourself that DR Google is a Fraudster. He really has no idea what's wrong - he is just guessing. Tomorrow you will only be allowed 1/2 an hour, that's it... the day after 10 mins. Im being very drastic here but if you stick with it and be as strict with it as you are with focusing on the ache you will get through it. Anothing thing to do is an onion peel, so with the onion peel you put down what your main concern is and you go to the next line and say: what's so bad about that..... then the next line.... whats so bad about that and so on... until you get to the end of it and you find out what is really on your mind. The Onion peel removes the layers of fear to find out what it really is that you are fearing. I have a ton more other exercises you can do am happy to share :) Just remember - its nothing to worry about.

kirstynic
27-11-13, 10:11
Thank you so much for your reply. You sound like you are beating your anxiety and I am so greatful to you for taking the time to reply to me.

I was beating it once too, well I am a improved version of how I was over a year ago. I have had 2 different therapists and was on fluoxetine for over a year. I decided in September that I didnt want to take the tablets anymore and so I am still pretty new to trying to be normal without it. Google is the worst tool for anyone with health anxiety. It makes you feel so much worse.

I think I am feeling more anxious because I am coming over to the USA in just over 2 weeks, in an ideal world I would like to be scanned and diagnosed by then but of course that won't happen (less I pay private) I am like what if I leave my symptoms and they get worse, or by the time I go back to the doctors in January I am terminal.

My dad has lung cancer which was diagnosed late and they tried to send him away with the diagnosis of a chest infection so I don't have much faith in doctors.

Xxx