PDA

View Full Version : peeling/crusty skin on mole?

Mogwog
26-11-13, 11:39
Anyone had a mole that has repeatedly crusted over? I noticed one on my back a few months ago that was itchy and when I ran my finger over it a crusty/peeling layer of skin came off of it, I went to the Drs who told me to keep an eye on it and to come back if it did it again, well the same thing happened this week so I've just been to the drs who is referring me to a dermatologist.

Has anyone else ever had anything like this? The mole is about 4mm, quite a light brown colour.

xxxx

Mogwog
26-11-13, 15:46
Anyone please:yesyes:

xxx

katesa
26-11-13, 16:29
I haven't had this and don't know much about moles hon, but I have seen similar posts on here before and everybody ended up being fine.

The dermatologist is the pro on this and it's great that your doctor referred you to put your mind at ease. I'm sure it'll just be a fluke

Mogwog
26-11-13, 16:32
Hi Katesa

Thanks for replying. I hope so. I'm trying not to freak out -I'm going through a bit of a rough patch (no pun intended:winks:) at the mo and have just come off antidepressants to try for another baby and then this happens. These things are sent to try us.xxxxxx

Fishmanpa
26-11-13, 18:14
Yep... had a few like that in my time. No biggie. The Doc froze 'em and they fell off on their own.

Positive thoughts

hheavenlyangel
26-11-13, 20:03
It wasn't a mole that did that to me but I had a spot on my shoulder that would crust over and was excessively itchy. When I went to the dr he sent me to the dermotologist. Ended up being ecsema.