PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sick after choking on salad leaf

Freeky
26-11-13, 19:52
Hey all, just wanted to ask if this is normal... At dinner I choked on a salad leaf; I coughed it out quickly so it didn't stop me from breathing or anything. But since then I've been feeling kind of nauseous and my heart's pounding really fast. I keep thinking that I'm going to get a stomach bug or something, because that's what usually happens to me before I throw up!! :scared15:

katesa
26-11-13, 19:54
I think that gagging can certainly cause nausea, especially if we're anxious about it. You're fine chick

Freeky
26-11-13, 20:00
Thanks for the fast reply! I'm feeling slightly better now, I guess I was just worried about it since I've been hanging around people who were off sick a lot! Sorry for the commotion!:blush:

katesa
26-11-13, 20:03
Don't be sorry hon!

I spent the whole of yesterday looking all elegant and pretty by projectile vomiting everywhere so I understand totally why you wouldn't want that!

Fishmanpa
26-11-13, 20:04
Not unusual after what happened. A near choking experience definitely gets the adrenalin going. Glad you're Ok!

Positive thoughts

Freeky
26-11-13, 20:22
Thanks for the replies everyone! All evidence of choking has disappeared now!:D

Don't be sorry hon!

I spent the whole of yesterday looking all elegant and pretty by projectile vomiting everywhere so I understand totally why you wouldn't want that!

Lol! Women have the incredible gift of making everything elegant, including throwing up!:roflmao: