PDA

View Full Version : Reflux?

mummyanxious
27-11-13, 13:01
Does anyone with reflux/ indigestion issues ever get pain in their sides? As far up as in line with your breasts or up into your armpit? Or should I be worried its something more?

katesa
27-11-13, 13:04
Hi Mummyanxious,

I always tell everyone to get new symptoms ok'd by a doctor but yeah, I get reflux and I get what I can only describe as a fluttering pain in my upper chest and that bit between my armpits and ribcage. Funnily enough, having stomach problems seems to make my upper back hurt more too. Bodies are weird aren't they?

How've you been doing lately? x

mummyanxious
27-11-13, 13:15
I've not been too great tbh but I have been put off posting from some comments I received.

Just wanted to hear people's experiences of stomach problems really. I do suffer with reflux anyway but this is now just on the left flank kind of at nipple line if that makes sense. Sometimes I can feel it on both sides but generally just the left.

katesa
27-11-13, 13:23
Sorry to hear that Mummy - what happened?

I get reflux and had either food poisoning or a stomach bug the other day (ended up being hospitalised without even asking - all was good though!) and I've found it can cause issues in places I never imagined it could. I also find that taking anti-inflammatory meds makes the pain worse.

Where you describe is, I believe near the esophagus so it would make sense that you'd feel it there x

mummyanxious
29-11-13, 11:22
Ah I don't want to get into a debate about it but it was just the manner of some comments, though probably well meant.

Does anyone else have any experience of this as well? I'm getting pains in both armpits today and my sides. It feels like something rising, it comes and goes.

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

Just to clarify the pain is usually just on the sides radiating out to the sides. There's no pain in the centre. Its very difficult to describe I guess so probably not the best thread really.

mummyanxious
29-11-13, 15:40
Now its progresses to what feels like a lump stuck in the top of my chest, just down from my throat. Feels like something caught and I feel like I need to keep swallowing but its making no difference.

pepperutchie
11-12-13, 07:49
Hi I've been getting a lot of pain in my upper abdomen and too much acid too and my chest and lower part of the chest feels tender and also my side too hurt too particularly the right side. And I'm now panicking

jillyb
11-12-13, 09:08
I'm having awful stomach problems too. Am terrified of hospitals etc and so scared of being referred. Mine started after over indulging including a whole bag of walnuts. Started off very bloated and pains in my back and everywhere else. Because I am pill phobic I did nothing and it seemed to settle, though I ate very little. In fact I did see the doctor and he wasn't concerned. Since then I have got hideous acidity and a burning in my tummy and pain at base of sternum and gripes on the right side. Woken in night with nausea and also after eating. Now taking ranatadine 150 and gaviscon as I had a telephone appt with doctor (unfortunately mine is on holiday). I have got myself into a terrible state, which is not helping. Convinced it is an ulcer or worse. Terrified it is going to burst etc. Just can't calm down. My fear of hospitals, procedures, what they might find etc is hideous.