PDA

View Full Version : Peripheral vision issue...

matrix123
27-11-13, 18:09
Hello everyone,
one of my issues that triggers anxiety as well is a vision problem in my right side. It seems that my peripheral vision is not the same as the left one. Until now, I've always thought that it must be a brain tumor or something deadly.

Today, I read that Glaucoma is the main cause and although it's not nice to have it, going blind without any treatment takes between 25 and 70 years. That was a big relief for me, first because there's a chance it's not brain tumor and second because if it's glaucoma it can be treated and in the worst case I would lose vision in one eye in about 30 years...well that's not a big deal.

Anyone with similar issues or experience?

Thanx

willous1
27-11-13, 19:15
I have had loads of worries about this before and mirror what you posted. Have you had an eye test to put your mind at ease?

matrix123
27-11-13, 19:30
No test yet, but I'm planning one.

willous1
27-11-13, 19:34
That will put everything to bed. I had really bad eye anxiety with a million symptoms and guess what...I was fine.

bassman85
27-11-13, 23:45
Don't think a standard eye test checks this. I'd ask the optometrist if you could go through a visual field test which checks peripheral vision. Takes about 15 mins per eye.