PDA

View Full Version : Carrots

Cags48
28-11-13, 09:12
You must think I'm mad as a box of frogs .....so this morning I go for a BM and I wipe and there is this red orangey streak on the toilet paper so I completely freak .... But yesterday I ate a full bowl of carrots and turnips could it be that or I wonder is it blood sheer panic now , I have really bad bowel anxiety and this as put me over the edge :weep:

sarahxxx
28-11-13, 09:22
same happens to me with a lot of foods beetroot is realy bad wait till you go again and see if its gone i do know a few folk this happpens to

skippy66
28-11-13, 10:07
Glad I finished my breakfast before I read this thread...

nomorepanic
28-11-13, 11:02
It could be blood from a fissure or piles.

See what happens next time

russdownunder
28-11-13, 11:19
I'm not a doctor so can't comment on what you ate or how that will affect the color of you stools. Perhaps that could have something to do with it. What I can comment on is hemorrhoids. Blood on the the toilet paper can scare the daylights out of you. But I feel sure it's a combination of that and what you ate, and since you mention bowel anxiety I'd assume your going to the toilet more frequently? This can and will make your but bleed through excessive wiping. I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

PS. Love your Avatar! :yesyes:

Althea
28-11-13, 15:36
Cags, have you tried to break the habit of looking on the tissue and into the bowl? It's causing you a lot of anxiety and it's really not going to tell you anything important.

Fishmanpa
28-11-13, 15:49
It could be blood from a fissure or piles.

See what happens next time

Maybe Corn? ;) Just keep in mind that what goes in, eventually comes out.

Positive thoughts

cpe1978
28-11-13, 15:53
I think (and sorry this may appear flippant - not intended to be) but based on the sheer quantity of poo colour threads I think a good rule of thumb is to wait at least a few days before worrying. Most often it is just a case of what goes in must come out!

MrAndy
28-11-13, 16:44
rabbitts never get this problem

Cags48
29-11-13, 10:26
thanks folks . still got the problem keeping an eye on it. i wish i could break the habit of looking but ive tried and its just getting worse doctor wont help i wish i could get some cbt .