PDA

View Full Version : results

lisad1977
28-11-13, 11:58
hi has anyone else ever had an abnormal ct scan doc said he saw swelling on brain. so did an mri scan but that came bk normal im scared they missing sumthng.

cpe1978
28-11-13, 14:35
HA often drives people to chase scans. You only have to read a few posts on here to see that many people undergo more tests in a year than most people do in a lifetime.

It is interesting to know that a CT scan on any human will identify an average of 3 benign abnormalities, some of which may warrant further investigation. In HA terms this means more anxiety, wanting more tests and extending the cycle of despair.

Personally I think we need to get to a place where we trust clinicians judgement, ultimately they are far more qualified than us. If you are concerned why don't you speak to your clinician?

fedup36
28-11-13, 14:39
Hi, Its true what CPE says -I suffered with dizziness for months... ended up having an MRI, got a call to say its all normal - I relaxed and then within 2 days another doctor called and said they had found an abnormality - triggered my anxiety. I had to wait 2 weeks to get the results, anyway all it was, was an arachnoid cyst - benign and nothing to worry about!

Same thing happened again, I had an ECG with another abnormality - turns out it was just a short PR completely benign and nothing to worry about.

So yes abnormalities do occur but they are benign and you have to trust that - I know from experience that its hard to!

cpe1978
28-11-13, 14:44
You also have to get to a point where you trust your body.