PDA

View Full Version : having a panic about my stomach again sorry

toria
28-11-13, 14:34
Hi I having a real panic over my stomach again, I have had stomach problems and ibs for a long time and I always get alot of aches and pains in my stomach when bad every day but i do have periods when it doesn't hurt, have been told its ibs and because I worry about it all the time it makes it worse, I have had scans last one 3 months ago, blood tests I did have a sigmoidoscopy about 3 years ago but I can't get it out if my head I have something wrong I am waiting for cbt appointment for ha, I just wanted to ask if anyone else gets lots of aches and pains in the stomach and even pelvis groin and back the pains are alway moving about it can change place from one hour to the next, I have started my colpermin caps again and I am going to docs on Monday just so terrified that it is serious its affecting my day to day life as worrying about it so much, any help would be fantastic thanks x

toria
28-11-13, 19:45
Hi I having a real panic over my stomach again, I have had stomach problems and ibs for a long time and I always get alot of aches and pains in my stomach when bad every day but i do have periods when it doesn't hurt, have been told its ibs and because I worry about it all the time it makes it worse, I have had scans last one 3 months ago, blood tests I did have a sigmoidoscopy about 3 years ago but I can't get it out if my head I have something wrong I am waiting for cbt appointment for ha, I just wanted to ask if anyone else gets lots of aches and pains in the stomach and even pelvis groin and back the pains are alway moving about it can change place from one hour to the next, I have started my colpermin caps again and I am going to docs on Monday just so terrified that it is serious its affecting my day to day life as worrying about it so much, any help would be fantastic thanks x

No one?

Ande
28-11-13, 20:08
Have you been tested for h pylori?

toria
28-11-13, 20:11
No would that cause the pains x

Ande
28-11-13, 20:23
well i had all sorts of stomach pains last year, as well as acid, trapped wind, constipation, basically my digestive system was a total mess, in the end the doc had me tested for h pylori and it turned out that i had it, it's a kind of bug that lives in the stomach, it burrows in to the lining where it can't be killed by the stomach acid, it causes the stomach lining to become imflamed, you have to take a course of anti biotics for a week to 10 days if you have it.

toria
28-11-13, 21:02
Ok thanks very much I will mention it at doctors when I go, did you get pains really low as well like pelvis and groin or was it higher up. X

Ande
28-11-13, 21:54
if you have a digestive problem your gonna get pains low down and high up, i probably did but i can't remember, i tell you this though, i have learned over the years that if you worry yourself enough about something, you will get symptoms and you will get pains, stress can cause a long list of symptoms, physically too, not just psychological, it can affect your digestive system, your stomach, urinary problems, i have been suffering with health anxiety for over 9 years, i have been to the doctors,hospital,clinics more times than you have had hot dinners, sometimes i have been that convinced that something is wrong that i will have lots of actual physical symptoms and when i have been given the all clear they have magically just disappeared in an instant. Ask them to look for h pylori but also try and relax, i know it's not easy but you might find that if you can relax your symptoms might subside.

toria
28-11-13, 22:19
Thank you so much everything you have said is right I no I have to stop this worry and I am making it worse thanks for your help its much appreciated x

Ande
28-11-13, 22:31
Your welcome, i know telling you to relax is easier said than done but if you can manage it and your symptoms do subside or lessen, then it's more than likely it's stress, think about it, if it were anything serious you wouldn't be able to stop it no matter how relaxed you were, i don't know if you drink at all? have a drink maybe, see if you feel any better once your relaxed.