PDA

View Full Version : What anti-depressant has the least side effects

jayjay5396
28-11-13, 18:24
hi ive suffered depression anxiety and panic for about 15 years ive tried citalopram and setraline.

the citalopram give me a bad head for about 6 months i was still harming myself still feeling worthless it simply did nothing but give me a bad head i was also taking pain killers for the pain in my head but the painkillers cause pains in my tummy, i quit taking those after 6 months.

then i tried setraline i took just 1 pill went to bed woke up with a headache from hell then later that night i started to shake pretty bad i was sweating like a junkie my blood pressure went through the roof i actually went to hospital i felt so bad its kinda lowered my confidence to take any pills again.

ive spoke to my doctor about it but i feel i have no control over the drugs prescribed to me, id like something with minimal side effects something that actually makes me happy something to help my anger i can get so angry over the stupidest of things am losing friends because of it then later thinking i shouldn't of said that.

i'm not taking any pills at all now maybe it be safer if i do take something but what?

What anti-depressant has the least side effects? ive googled it but hopefully i can get a good answer here.

Edie
28-11-13, 18:39
Everyone responds differently, so it's really hard to say. Citalopram is often one of the best, but clearly not for you!

Both the antidepressants you have tried are SSRIs, so it might be worth trying a different class of meds. It might be worth seeing a psychiatrist, as they have a lot more experience with these meds than GPs and might be able to recommend something that might agree with you a bit more.

Meds aren't the only option. Have you had any therapy at all? It can help teach you coping mechanisms, and is often more beneficial in the long term.

jayjay5396
28-11-13, 19:24
ive been to many counselling sessions am a little better than i was 2 years ago but i still dont leave the house alone i cant stand public places like towns or social groups ive never really been social since i was a kid.

ive been bullied beat up been treated like sh!t by others am now 25 still sat in my bedroom i only go out if i really need too, even just getting to the counselling sessions is very difficult for me id rather stay at home i know its not helping staying at home but i feel way better than i do outside.

my panic attacks are like a switch one minute im fine the next minute i can panic for no reason the panic always happens outside or in shops like supermarkets i start to shake my breathing increase my face goes numb the breathing is so fast the only to stop it is to leave the situation.

my anger if anyone says something like yesterday i posted a song on facebook one of my friends had a negative comment about it its only his opinion but rather than just ignoring him i saw red immediately went on the defensive it seems like everyone is out to hurt me i'm not very good at taking jokes ether i take things too serious wish i wasnt like that.