PDA

View Full Version : HOLIDAY IN 3 WEEKS!

barbie
09-11-06, 14:28
We have just been offered a holiday in St Lucia in 3 weeks time, free, a business trip for my partner. Obviously I want to go, but am V anxious, about being so far away from home, what if I need medical help when I'm there, what if I need medical help on the plane etc...
Any advice?

ceecee
09-11-06, 15:02
hi carla
how wonderful!!!!!!!!!
i think you,ll have a great time!!!
take some relaxation cd,s to listen to if you have a walkman,and perhaps print off some sucsess stories from here that were about people going on holiday to see how they coped!!!!
why do we always think of panic in these situations rather than what a wonderful time we could have????????????
take care
hope this helps
rachel x x

Insomniac
09-11-06, 18:21
Hi Carla.

What a fantastic opportunity! I know the anxiety makes us think of things in different ways, but try to think what you would do if you were well and did not have the anxiety. Think about the things you would like to see or do. It might help you look forward to it more.

Also see your doctor. Before I flew to Newcastle for a weekend I was extremely anxious. So I visited my doctor and she helped me with both advice and medication.

Relaxation and breathing exercise really do help too. Practising some before you really need them is a good idea, then its easier when you need it most. :D

Lisa.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

domino
09-11-06, 18:47
WELL what a fantastic freebie, but i can understand how you feel, my holiday is for my birthday ,my hubby wants to take me to new zealand. yes i want to go to, but it,s that dreaded feeling what if. all i can say ,and i say this to my self also on a regular basis is, IF YOU DO,NT WANT TO GO YOU WILL MAKE EXCUSES, IF YOU DO YOU WILL. so my advice to you is go ,have a fantastic time , take lots of things to distrack you , think happy thoughts, you will only regret it if you do,nt go i know i will. lorraine.

carlin
09-11-06, 19:54
Hi there, you can do it and you will....(that is an order) If you need medical help on the plane you will receive it, if you need medical help whilst there, you will get it, THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN...You can panic at home or away, it makes no difference, a panic is a panic...take any little comforts with you (have a look at all the old posts here) and when you arrive, make your apartment/hotel room your new safe haven, start planning in advance, write a few lists, but things now etc...and on the day wow, you will love it darling and nothing bad will happen. xxxxxjean

barbie
09-11-06, 21:43
Awww thanks so much! It will be great and I know that if I don't go I will regret it. It seems much easier to stay in at home all the time but I have to pull myself out of the rut.
I'm also hoping the break will help me and my bf, things have been tough for about 8 weeks and we needsom TLC!!!
I will look for past posts and will take some home comforts with me as suggested! Can I take my 2 cats?? LOL ;)

"Smile Like You Mean It"

nomorepanic
09-11-06, 22:28
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">what if I need medical help when I'm there, what if I need medical help on the plane etc...
Any advice?

<div align="right">Originally posted by carlabarbie - 09 November 2006 : 13:28:01</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi there - just to reassure you. Make sure you have medical insurance for the holiday. You will be fine on the plane - all the cabin crew are trained to deal with most emergencies. If you are a nervous passenger then it really pays to call the airline in advance and warn them and ask them to keep an eye on you.

I work for an airline and they will do this. They will just make sure you are ok and reassure you etc.

As for the holiday - wow! what an experience you have to go.

You can use all the coping techniques such as rescue remedy, relaxation CD, puzzle books, water, food, mints etc etc.

Good luck and you CAN do this ok.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Fly2Freedom
10-11-06, 17:37
I went to Spain twice with the aid of booze and diazepam.
You CAN do it.
Be off with you.
You will love it,you lucky thing.
Im half caribbean myself.[:X]

Love xFlyx

barbie
14-11-06, 00:47
Just want to thank everyone for their support.
I'm not a nervous flyer, I have been flying since 6 months old, but now I am pretty worried I may have a panic attack on board and not be able to go anywhere! Can my doctor give me something? Like a sleeping tablet? On the way there my partner has paid for premium economy seats so I ont want to be asleep all the way as its not fair on him when he has paid so much money.
Things I am worried about:
1. Having a panic attack on the plane
2. Needing to wee on the long car journey to Gatwick
3. Getting stuck in traffic on the way to Gatwick (traffic jams make me freak at the mo, because they make me need to wee!)
3. Arriving at St Lucia, and having to go on a coach for 1 hour 15 mins with partners Buisness collagues and again, needing to wee!
I have got less than 3 weeks to get myself sorted!
Any advice will be greatfully received! x

"Smile Like You Mean It"