PDA

View Full Version : Just recorded myself retching and I look horrendous

cjemc
28-11-13, 21:04
:weep:What is doing this to my body? Should I have an endoscopy? But there is no pain in my body and in the 28 months I have had it I have never vomited anything...

Please help me with advice or words of support I cant take this anymore...

HoneyLove
28-11-13, 21:08
Calum do you not think that the way you eat and drink could be a huge factor in why ou feel nauseous and wretch all the time?

cjemc
28-11-13, 21:13
Maybe HoneyLove, sorry to plague you again with my worries, I was hoping I wouldn't have to bother you any more. So So Sorry to have to bother you again!

Yes I know my diet probably has a part in this but the recording I just took of myself shocked me, I look pale, red around the eyes and my eyes are watery. I am sure my GP misdiagnosed my Coeliac blood test result, my Mum has it and got diagnosed in 2001 and I have exactly the same complexion and unhealthy body shape that she had prior to her diagnosis, should I ask to be re tested and could they have mixed my results up???:weep:
Because having Coeliac disease would explain why my body might be retching i.e. to get the gluten out of my intestines....:blush:

Fishmanpa
28-11-13, 21:14
:weep:What is doing this to my body? Should I have an endoscopy? But there is no pain in my body and in the 28 months I have had it I have never vomited anything...

Please help me with advice or words of support I cant take this anymore...

Could the drinking have something to do with this?

Positive thoughts?

HoneyLove
28-11-13, 21:16
I venture that the reason you have an unhealthy body shape is because you live an extremely unhealthy lifestyle.

Get your food balanced & drinking sorted out, then if you still don't feel any better ask them to do the coeliac test again if you think it's a good idea.

cjemc
28-11-13, 21:17
Could the drinking have something to do with this?

Positive thoughts?

Maybe Fishmanpa but I worry about what other damage I might have done to internal organs, etc.

Fishmanpa
28-11-13, 21:19
Please read my post in the health anxiety forum on smoking and drinking. Some food... or this case, drink for thought ;)

Positive thoughts

cjemc
29-11-13, 08:35
I just had a thought though. If alcohol was bad for me and was causing my anxiety then how comes when I drink my anxiety and retching seem to stop completely? Surely if the alcohol was damaging me then surely the retching and anxiety would increase with alcohol consumption??? Just a thought

---------- Post added at 08:27 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

E.G. I went alcohol free for a night 2 weeks ago, I couldn't sleep, I felt awful and I had the urge to dry heave until I drifted off. However on a night when I have a drink, I drift off to sleep straight away and I don't feel awful and I feel more relaxed.

---------- Post added at 08:35 ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 ----------

I venture that the reason you have an unhealthy body shape is because you live an extremely unhealthy lifestyle.

Get your food balanced & drinking sorted out, then if you still don't feel any better ask them to do the coeliac test again if you think it's a good idea.

Hi Honey Love, sorry I missed your comment last night! I have always been very slim though, even as far back as a child, so I doubt my current lifestyle has anything to do with my weight.:D

russdownunder
29-11-13, 09:58
Drinking is not the way to go. All it does is give you a false sense of security, hence you don't retch anymore. But in the long run if you drink heavily enough it can damage your liver and kidneys.

I must admit I'm guilty of drinking too much myself when my anxiety gets out of control. It's a bad bad mistake to make and I always tell my doctor if I've been drinking too much, so he can give me the kick up the butt I need and talk it through with me. Talking to my doc always makes me feel better because he's a straight shooter and will remind me of the underlying causes of my problems.

HoneyLove
29-11-13, 10:22
Callum, I'm going to be honest with you here, for your own sake a little tough love.

It's clear you have anxiety problems, that's incredibly difficult to deal with and fight your way out of. We're all fighting that same battle here.

One of the most basic and essential parts of recovery is looking at our own lifestyles and seeing what can we do to help ourselves, or what are we already doing that may be playing a part in how bad we feel.

I get the feeling that you're looking everywhere but at your own lifestyle, you want to blame something that's got nothing to do with how you look after yourself. You don't seem to want to consider responsibility for yourself and your actions, or if you do then you have trouble focusing on this aspect of your anxiety. Or maybe it's that you're anxious about change.

Alcohol will make you feel good but only in the short term while it's in your system. It's the longer term effects of drinking that will only add to any anxiety disorders or cause health problems. Alcohol will also have the effect of raising the acid levels in your stomach, which may have a lot to do with the retching if it's upsetting your digestive system.

You know all this though, and it's been said to you here before. I'm not trying to chastise you, but only be honest in a way that I hope will help you.

For the moment consider this your plan of action:

- get help with your drinking problem straight away
- start eating regularly throughout the day
- start eating a proper diet that will support your body & brain
- find a therapist in your area to support you through your problems
- consider CBT for the anxiety
- recognise that you need to ask for some outside help in this, you need proper support with everything you're struggling through

None of this means changing your whole lifestyle all in one go, that's too overwhelming. Take it step by step, make a plan for yourself. But be proative, you've got to start doing something to change your situation - it will never change if you don't do something about it.

If you can't afford all of the supports do a bit of research for groups that do low cost counselling in your area, or talk to your GP about what support you can get through the public health system.

You've gotten so much good advice on these threads, I also suggest that you reread them and consider what everyone has been telling you.

Before you consider any other reason for why you're retching and anxious all the time then please look at your lifestyle, see what you can do to help yourself, and if that's still not working then talk to your GP again.

I find myself repeating the same advice to you, so I won't say any of this again - but if you want any support with looking at how you live, how you can improve it and getting through anxiety then I'm here for you and I sincerely hope that you get better.

Wishing you well x

russdownunder
29-11-13, 10:43
Thank you HoneyLove. Your post helped me too! I give advice on this forum and it takes my mind off my own anxiety sometimes. But then I tend to forget I have problems myself.:blush:

I've printed your post out and will refer to it before I think about having that drink to 'calm down.'

Thank for your honesty.:)

cjemc
29-11-13, 10:57
Thank you Honey love, I really appreciate that post! It has helped me tremendously. I promise I will try my best to put my plan into action asap. I will keep you informed.

Just 2 things that are giving me anxiety today. My Mum's overnight stay abroad has now turned into a 2nd night and my sister will be out tonight as well so this means that I am in on my own with no-one to rush me to A&E or help me if something bad happens to me, I now feel incredibly stressed as I was looking forward to my Mum coming home today. And also I have to sign on at the job centre today and I cannot stand the place, its full of undesirables and it makes me anxious just setting foot inside the horrible building with all the unsavoury sorts in there :weep:

russdownunder
29-11-13, 11:28
Nothing bad is going to happen to you. You won't need to go to A&E. Why not use your alone time to do some breathing exercises? I find they help me tremendously.

Sit in a comfortable chair. Close your eyes and breath in deeply through your nose. Hold it for 4 seconds and then slowly exhale through your mouth. Do this five or more times slowly. Concentrate on your breathing and nothing else. Shut the entire world out and think about your breath only. Now open your eyes. Betcha feel better!

Your brain can only really concentrate fully on one thing at a time. So if you relax and concentrate on your breathing alone, your brain will forget about anxiety for a bit. You can do this as often as you like. Just a little trick my Psychologist taught me:)

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

The 'Job Center' I'm guessing would be the UK equivalent of Center link here in Australia. http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/information/centrelink-website Yep it's a crap hole here too. But sooner or later we all go there at some point in our lives. The staff will look after you I'm sure.

HoneyLove
29-11-13, 11:31
Thank you HoneyLove. Your post helped me too! I give advice on this forum and it takes my mind off my own anxiety sometimes. But then I tend to forget I have problems myself.:blush:

I've printed your post out and will refer to it before I think about having that drink to 'calm down.'

Thank for your honesty.:)

I'm glad you think so Russ, I was worried it would sound too harsh - things can be so misinterpreted online!

Best of luck sorting out your own problems, look for a little help with the drinking if you need it.

And don't worry about giving advice to others; just because you've still got issues of your own doesn't mean that you don't have anything valuable to add. Through your own experiences you will have learned a lot that may help others, so share what you think will benefit other people. If it helps you too, then that's a good thing :)

I'm not free of anxiety myself, but I have learned a lot about it over the years and have so much information that can help - so while I'm not perfect, I still have things to say that will help other people too.

Rennie1989
29-11-13, 11:32
Just because the alcohol is stopping the wrenching for the time being does not mean it's not causing any harm now. In moderate quantities over a long period of time it can cause health problems, especially for the liver and kidneys. Alcohol is also a natural DEPRESSANT. For somebody who is struggling with their anxiety you do not to be glugging down a depressant.

You keep asking the same questions over and over again and plenty of people have given you the same advice over and over again. This is the last time that I will be messaging you and this is what you need to do and remember:
- Nobody here can diagnose you
- If you have a medical complaint then see your doctor
- Alcohol will harm you if you carry on the way you're going
- You need to eat and drink healthily
- Alcohol is not the answer
- Address the anxiety!

russdownunder
29-11-13, 11:56
[QUOTE=HoneyLove;1248970]I'm glad you think so Russ, I was worried it would sound too harsh - things can be so misinterpreted online!

No. Your post made perfect sense. I think sometimes people pussy foot around too much. But you told it like it is:)

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

HoneyLove, my post was supposed to appear under your relpy. Not sure why it didn't. I'm still a newbie to these forums. :blush:

HoneyLove
29-11-13, 11:59
Don't worry about it Russ, I saw it :) You'll get the hang of things around here in time!

russdownunder
29-11-13, 12:02
Thanks. I'm forever frightened of making a dick of myself.:)

HoneyLove
29-11-13, 12:20
lol!

Don't worry so much, just be yourself! :D

russdownunder
29-11-13, 12:33
I will. I'm off to bed now, so all the best to everyone here. I wish timezones didn't exist! lol. :D

Night.

cjemc
29-11-13, 14:20
Just because the alcohol is stopping the wrenching for the time being does not mean it's not causing any harm now. In moderate quantities over a long period of time it can cause health problems, especially for the liver and kidneys. Alcohol is also a natural DEPRESSANT. For somebody who is struggling with their anxiety you do not to be glugging down a depressant.

You keep asking the same questions over and over again and plenty of people have given you the same advice over and over again. This is the last time that I will be messaging you and this is what you need to do and remember:
- Nobody here can diagnose you
- If you have a medical complaint then see your doctor
- Alcohol will harm you if you carry on the way you're going
- You need to eat and drink healthily
- Alcohol is not the answer
- Address the anxiety!

Hi Rennie, sorry if I am seeming a bit repetitive, I cant help it, I am just not in my right mind at the moment :ohmy: I never normally repeat myself so often. Sorry

Rennie1989
29-11-13, 17:03
I suggest you look back on what we have said if a similar problem arises again. It's not like I don't want to help you, but myself and others don't want to keep repeating ourselves if our advice gets ignored.

cjemc
29-11-13, 17:20
I suggest you look back on what we have said if a similar problem arises again. It's not like I don't want to help you, but myself and others don't want to keep repeating ourselves if our advice gets ignored.

I know Rennie, I understand, I do waffle on a bit too much, even my family tell me :ohmy: Sorry !!!

Yossino
30-11-13, 09:11
Do you retch when you drink? As far as I know retching can be caused directly by alcohol withdrawal.

Edit http://www.nursingtimes.net/nursing-practice/clinical-zones/substance-misuse/facts-alcohol-withdrawal/205410.article

cjemc
30-11-13, 11:28
Hi Yossino, no when I am drinking in the evenings my retching disappears completely and I feel like a rational, normal human being again! It is only the next day that I am plagued with the urge to dry heave even though nothing ever materialises as a result of the retch. :)

russdownunder
30-11-13, 12:12
Now for the big question. Have you explained all this to your doctor?

Fishmanpa
30-11-13, 14:27
Hi Yossino, no when I am drinking in the evenings my retching disappears completely and I feel like a rational, normal human being again! It is only the next day that I am plagued with the urge to dry heave even though nothing ever materialises as a result of the retch. :)

Do you not see the connection? Seriously Calumcco, this one is as easy as 1+1=2

Positive thoughts

Tim89
30-11-13, 14:47

Hi, I don't know your history but it would seem your complaint translates quite simply as alcohol withdrawal/dependence.

cjemc
30-11-13, 15:11
Hello y'all thanks for the replies. The only discrepancy I have with your belief of alcohol withdrawal is the fact that I don't think you can get alcohol withdrawal after having 3-4 cans of lager a night. Can you??? I thought alcohol withdrawal was when you drank heavily and then tried to go for a long period without alcohol??? E.g. 4 weeks???

Then again it is a coincidence how my symptoms disappear when I take another drink the following evening isn't it???

Fishmanpa
30-11-13, 17:23
Then again it is a coincidence how my symptoms disappear when I take another drink the following evening isn't it???

Isn't it? Hmmmm....

Whether it's withdrawal or not isn't the issue here. It's drinking that's obviously affected you in a negative way. Rationalize all you want, but it's very obvious from your posts. You've gotten some great advice. Hopefully you'll take it.

Positive thoughts

cjemc
01-12-13, 11:46
Can you get alcohol withdrawal after a night of heavy drinking? Could that be why I feel so bad most days? Everything feels spooky and petrifying to me on a daily basis, I also have nightmares most nights.

---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

Do you all think I should get an endoscopy done to see if there is something in my stomach causing me to dry heave? Without any pain though I suppose its not a valid option at the moment.

HoneyLove
01-12-13, 12:20
Everyone has already told you what they think about your stomach issues Calum, and offered some great advice - read through all the responses people have given you.

russdownunder
01-12-13, 12:22
Yes. Thats what a hangover is. I've been over your posts and I really think you need to address your drinking problem before you can move on. As far as an endoscopy goes, only your doctor can advise you on this. But you must tell him about your drinking prob otherwise he can't make an accurate diagnosis. Have you talked to your doctor about your drinking and the side affects is can have? Are you understating the amount you drink each night?

Fishmanpa
01-12-13, 15:44
Are you understating the amount you drink each night?

That is a HUGE one! A person suffering from alcoholism typically misrepresents the amount they're consuming.

Like Russ said, feeling bad after a night of heavy drinking (even a few drinks) is called a hangover.

Positive thoughts.

cjemc
02-12-13, 09:55
I drank 10 beers this weekend which is very bad, so I have had a bit more than usual over this weekend but generally speaking I drink 3-4 per night.

Rennie1989
02-12-13, 10:11
Have you seen the doctors yet?

russdownunder
02-12-13, 11:16
OK. It's time to fess up. Nobody here will disrespect you for being honest. I fact I think you'd me much more respected if you where honest about it!:)

1/ How much do you really drink per night and what strength. Is it full strength beer or light?

2/ Have you spoken to your doctor and told the truth about your drinking?
3/ Do you drink every night?

Unless you get medical help for this, it will eventually kill you. I'm sorry, but these are really the cold hard facts.:sad:

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

PS. Once you get your alcohol problem sorted, your days will be less petrifying and spooky and the nightmares will disappear. It won't be easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is eh? I know that seems hard to reconcile at the moment but it's the truth. :)

Go see your doc! :doh:

Brunette
02-12-13, 12:51
The answer is staring you in the face calumcco and I think, deep down, you know it, even if you are not ready to acknowledge it yet.

You said on an earlier thread that you have been battling with heavy drinking since you were 18, that the thought of going without drink petrifies you, that you can't sleep without drink and that you drink 3-4 beers every night and drank more at the weekend.

That tells me that you are alcohol dependent and that the way you feel in the morning is a result of alcohol dependency, nothing more, nothing less.

I read an autobiography of a former alcoholic and dry retching in the morning is a classic symptom. People think withdrawal symptoms take days to set in but they start happening after only a few hours.

You are in a bad place. From this point you can either choose to take a different path or accept that the one you're on will kill you.

Please get medical help.

cjemc
02-12-13, 14:51
The answer is staring you in the face calumcco and I think, deep down, you know it, even if you are not ready to acknowledge it yet.

You said on an earlier thread that you have been battling with heavy drinking since you were 18, that the thought of going without drink petrifies you, that you can't sleep without drink and that you drink 3-4 beers every night and drank more at the weekend.

That tells me that you are alcohol dependent and that the way you feel in the morning is a result of alcohol dependency, nothing more, nothing less.

I read an autobiography of a former alcoholic and dry retching in the morning is a classic symptom. People think withdrawal symptoms take days to set in but they start happening after only a few hours.

You are in a bad place. From this point you can either choose to take a different path or accept that the one you're on will kill you.

Please get medical help.

When you say medical help what do you mean? Do you mean physical or mental?

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

OK. It's time to fess up. Nobody here will disrespect you for being honest. I fact I think you'd me much more respected if you where honest about it!:)

1/ How much do you really drink per night and what strength. Is it full strength beer or light?

2/ Have you spoken to your doctor and told the truth about your drinking?
3/ Do you drink every night?

Unless you get medical help for this, it will eventually kill you. I'm sorry, but these are really the cold hard facts.:sad:

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

PS. Once you get your alcohol problem sorted, your days will be less petrifying and spooky and the nightmares will disappear. It won't be easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is eh? I know that seems hard to reconcile at the moment but it's the truth. :)

Go see your doc! :doh:

1. I drink 3-4 cans of Heineken per night.
2. I went to my GP for a bizarre dry heaving sensation and he didn't have a clue what it was and didn't seem to think alcohol would cause it.
3. Yes this year I have been drinking every night. Most years however I have had well over 200 nights off of drink but this year has been bad.

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

Have you seen the doctors yet?

Not yet Rennie, it wouldn't be appropriate to go until I have had my Oral Glucose Tolerance Test completed. Once that has been done then I will go back and consult him further.

russdownunder
02-12-13, 15:06
Lay off the alcohol for a bit Cal. Or at the very least please don't drink every night. I went down that road and I hope you have the good sense to take the advise of someone (me) :) who's been there and done it.

cjemc
02-12-13, 15:09
How bad were you russ? i.e. how much did you drink and for how long and why?

russdownunder
02-12-13, 15:26
I drank for over 12 years. 8 to 10 full strength stubbies a night, every night. A full strength stub in Australia is 1.4 standard drinks. So at my worst that was 14 standard drinks per night. Don't go down this path OK?

cjemc
02-12-13, 15:35
I drank for over 12 years. 8 to 10 full strength stubbies a night, every night. A full strength stub in Australia is 1.4 standard drinks. So at my worst that was 14 standard drinks per night. Don't go down this path OK?

No worries! I wouldn't be able to consume that much in one evening and I never have done in my life. No harm ever came to you through drinking that much so why are people scare mongering me on here with tales of "how I am going to die"?

Trust me in my previous job I saw many heavy drinkers and all of them (although addicted) still managed to function and I never saw any of them retching. The only people I have known to die from alcohol abuse were people who drank morning, noon and night and I am hastened to add that all of these individuals drank spirits including, 36% Cezanne Brandy, 37.5% Smirnoff Vodka and 40% Bells Whiskey. I have never known anyone to die from drinking 3-4 cans of lager of an evening :ohmy:

russdownunder
02-12-13, 15:46
I didn't say no harm came to me. My liver function is not normal and probably never will be again. I drank to overcome my anxiety. But I've shortened my life in doing so, and I still have the anxiety. So am I a dickhead or what?

I have the occasional light beer now and again, but if I feel like it's getting out of control I'm off to the doctor faster than shit through a goose.

My advise is to give it up. Pure and simple.

cjemc
02-12-13, 15:50
I didn't say no harm came to me. My liver function is not normal and probably never will be again. I drank to overcome my anxiety. But I've shortened my life in doing so, and I still have the anxiety. So am I a dickhead or what?

I have the occasional light beer now and again, but if I feel like it's getting out of control I'm off to the doctor faster than shit through a goose.

My advise is to give it up. Pure and simple.

Sorry Russ, I didn't know you had problems as a result of drinking. Anyway enough of this talk about alcohol now it is becoming repetitive I will notify you on here if there are any updates...

Brunette
02-12-13, 15:59
I mean both.

Just a few every night can gradually escalate into just a few more. And clearly there is at least one person on here that can see you are going down the same path as he was. The bottom line is that if you have to have a drink (and you have said yourself that you do) then you have a dependency, even if it is an amount you "think" you can handle.

The bare facts of your drinking don't mean anything either as different people are tolerant to different amounts.

And you probably think that one can = one unit but depending on the brand it can be nearer two. A 440ml can of Stella, for instance, is 1.8 units so you could be drinking 7.2 units every night - that's 50.4 a week - more than double the guideline of 21 and that's without the extra ones at the weekend which takes you to nearly 60 - almost triple the amount.

You brush that off if you like but it looks like a problem to me.

cjemc
02-12-13, 16:09
I mean both.

Just a few every night can gradually escalate into just a few more. And clearly there is at least one person on here that can see you are going down the same path as he was. The bottom line is that if you have to have a drink (and you have said yourself that you do) then you have a dependency, even if it is an amount you "think" you can handle.

The bare facts of your drinking don't mean anything either as different people are tolerant to different amounts.

And you probably think that one can = one unit but depending on the brand it can be nearer two. A 440ml can of Stella, for instance, is 1.8 units so you could be drinking 7.2 units every night - that's 50.4 a week - more than double the guideline of 21 and that's without the extra ones at the weekend which takes you to nearly 60 - almost triple the amount.

You brush that off if you like but it looks like a problem to me.

Units cannot be accurately measured if you ask me. They say it takes 1 hour for 1 unit of alcohol to be processed by our bodies but how can that be true when we are all different shapes and sizes??? E.G. 1 unit of alcohol would take longer to leave my body then of someone who is double my age, heavier and taller than me and maybe with a different metabolism.

Rennie1989
02-12-13, 16:28
It has nothing to do with weight, build or metabolism. It takes a healthy liver an hour to break down the toxins in one unit of alcohol. You're thinking of how people tolerate their drink, which is not the same.

HoneyLove
02-12-13, 16:40
No worries! I wouldn't be able to consume that much in one evening and I never have done in my life. No harm ever came to you through drinking that much so why are people scare mongering me on here with tales of "how I am going to die"?

Trust me in my previous job I saw many heavy drinkers and all of them (although addicted) still managed to function and I never saw any of them retching. The only people I have known to die from alcohol abuse were people who drank morning, noon and night and I am hastened to add that all of these individuals drank spirits including, 36% Cezanne Brandy, 37.5% Smirnoff Vodka and 40% Bells Whiskey. I have never known anyone to die from drinking 3-4 cans of lager of an evening :ohmy:

Calum no one is scaremongering - you're asking for help with your anxiety and everyone is pointing out your lifestyle as an obvious irritant to both your physical and mental health. I don't know why you refuse to believe us.

Plus, you've got the fact that you might be diabetic which means that you'd have to be incredibly careful with the amount of alcohol you're consuming. I don't know how much you know about diabetes, but it's not a disease to be taken lightly.

cjemc
02-12-13, 16:55
Calum no one is scaremongering - you're asking for help with your anxiety and everyone is pointing out your lifestyle as an obvious irritant to both your physical and mental health. I don't know why you refuse to believe us.

Plus, you've got the fact that you might be diabetic which means that you'd have to be incredibly careful with the amount of alcohol you're consuming. I don't know how much you know about diabetes, but it's not a disease to be taken lightly.

I do believe you though Honey Love, I know you are talking sense but I am not prepared to believe that I am going to kill myself with the amount I am drinking. If I was saying "I drink 15 cans of lager and half a bottle of whiskey a day" then I would understand that I was killing myself!!! But 3-4 cans of 5% lager is not killing anyone. :)

And I agree wholeheartedly, diabetes is very serious and I have cut most sugar apart from the lager out of my diet. I have had no cans of soft drink, and no chocolate or crisps for over 1 week now so that's a start!

HoneyLove
02-12-13, 17:02
Calum, it might not kill you directly but it will definitely have an effect on your health and overall quality of life.

And it definitely will have an effect on your anxiety levels.

That's what everyone is trying to say. You keep asking us why you feel so bad all the time, but you ignore the obvious reasons.

Here's a unit calculator, use it to find out how much you're drinking every day: https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/understand-your-drinking/unit-calculator

Fishmanpa
02-12-13, 17:47
I do believe you though Honey Love, I know you are talking sense but I am not prepared to believe that I am going to kill myself with the amount I am drinking. If I was saying "I drink 15 cans of lager and half a bottle of whiskey a day" then I would understand that I was killing myself!!! But 3-4 cans of 5% lager is not killing anyone. :)

And I agree wholeheartedly, diabetes is very serious and I have cut most sugar apart from the lager out of my diet. I have had no cans of soft drink, and no chocolate or crisps for over 1 week now so that's a start!

You're in denial. To drink every night is a problem regardless of past history. You have all the symptoms of alcoholism and this thread is loaded with them by your own words.

You need help. Ignore what everyone is saying and you will pay for it. maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow or a year from now, but you will pay the price. I urge you to seek help both physically and mentally. Find a local AA chapter and join.

I won't say another word other than to wish you "Good Luck"

Positive thoughts

cjemc
02-12-13, 17:56
You're in denial. To drink every night is a problem regardless of past history. You have all the symptoms of alcoholism and this thread is loaded with them by your own words.

You need help. Ignore what everyone is saying and you will pay for it. maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow or a year from now, but you will pay the price. I urge you to seek help both physically and mentally. Find a local AA chapter and join.

I won't say another word other than to wish you "Good Luck"

Positive thoughts

Thank you Fishmanpa, good luck to you to, God bless you :D