PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumor question

willous1
28-11-13, 21:19
Kh

cpe1978
28-11-13, 21:25
Ride it out Sean. Control your reaction and do something to distract yourself.

willous1
28-11-13, 21:27
Jj

cpe1978
28-11-13, 21:30
The last question was the last one and the one before that. You need to take a complete leap of faith and believe that it is anxiety. Otherwise the next question will be the last one two.

Seriously - go and chat to your wife, watch something on TV have a beer or something else you enjoy doing. Breath slowly, try and calm your body and push through it.

HoneyLove
28-11-13, 21:37
Willous, when I'm feeling bad like this at home I go to youtube and watch videos of my favourite comedians.

I know that sounds ridiculous, but actually it works on many levels, not least of which is the science behind how laughter releases chemicals in your body that will raise your mood and make you feel better. It will also serve as a very positive distraction.

There are whole shows on there, or even bits and pieces of interviews that will make you laugh. I love to watch Dylan Moran, Louis CK, Billy Connolly, Tommy Tiernan or Bill Bailey - they're all seriously funny.

Give it a try, instead of needing this question to be answered, answer the need within yourself to let the anxiety flow away and raise your mood.

willous1
28-11-13, 21:39
Jh

katesa
28-11-13, 21:41
Sean,

I only came on here to answer a pm but I couldn't help but see this.

You pm'd me your e-mail address so I'll mail you. Now calm the hell down

cpe1978
28-11-13, 21:44
For anxiety to stop being anxiety you have to learn to cope with the reaction it causes.

Unfortunately you talk like a dieter who no matter how hard they try can't stay off the cake and tomorrow is always the new start. Well how about making that new start now? Perfect opportunity - you are in the depths of anxiety - let it flow over you - know it isn't going to kill you and is anxiety. Then when you feel a bit better sit back and revel in the fact that you can cope. Then next time you will have evidence to show you that you can get through worries.

We can't help you with medical assessment, but you have been seen by enough doctors in recent times to know that you are fairly healthy. The great news is, we can help you with your anxiety, there is lots of experience here and lots of coping strategies.

Think of your wife and twins and muster up all your motivation from that image. Change doesn't start tomorrow, it starts now!

willous1
28-11-13, 21:48
I know but there may be a reason why no one can tell me because on other threads people look logically at it. I know that sounds silly but please after this that will be that I just want to know if anyone knows.

There will be no more, I'm taking a break but I'm scared.

HoneyLove
28-11-13, 21:53
While you're waiting for an answer, go to YouTube and distract yourself - do it :)

willous1
28-11-13, 21:56
Okay, doing that now and trying to relax.

I have just read that twitching is normal with anxiety. Does anyone else have or had it

cpe1978
28-11-13, 21:57
Questions that don't have question marks don't count as questions and so don't warrant answers ;). And even those that do and constitute reassurance seeking don't :)

willous1
28-11-13, 22:06
Okay but with slight twitching every now and then could that mean a brain tumour?

Ande
28-11-13, 22:11
where are these twitches, i get twitches and i have health anxiety for 9 years, i get scared by everything but not the twitches, i get them in the corner of my mouth, corner of my eye , i have had em other places just can't remember where.

willous1
28-11-13, 22:11
Twice on leg in last week and one on arm

Ande
28-11-13, 22:12
does your leg or arm actually move? or just get the twitch in the leg or arm.

willous1
28-11-13, 22:16
Just twitch I think may move very slightly

Ande
28-11-13, 22:22
I seriously wouldn't worry about them, i have had twitches when i have been really stressed, but i have had them for no reason either, if you had a couple last week then it's not very frequent is it. Did you ask yourself if you had done anything that day either? if i go for a long walk my legs twitch afterwards.

willous1
29-11-13, 06:42
Does anyone else get this, I feel like that's it now. I will just be sitting there then get a very quick twitch every now and then

anxietyoverload
29-11-13, 08:47
I get this - see my last posts. Been going for months

willous1
29-11-13, 11:16
Thank you, it hasnt happened since. Would anyone else worry or got o doctors about this. It only happened twice on leg and reading through posts i had same issue a couple of years back. But still scared

cpe1978
29-11-13, 12:04
I thought today was the day you moved on Sean? You promised....if you scroll back through your posts.

willous1
29-11-13, 13:16
I know, but I just got an small electric shock when touching my chair at work and think its related.

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------

Does anyone think I should go doctors as have been 8 times in 3 weeks or should I get on and beat anxiety as got CBT comng up

---------- Post added at 13:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Does anyone else think that it has nothing to do with a BT

anxietyoverload
29-11-13, 13:57
I get an electric shock every time I sit at my desk. It's just normal, especially if you drag your feet. I've been told that stress makes these twitches worse, so because your so worried, your making them worse. I know when your this worried, you literally convince yourself that the only possible thing that could be wrong a cancer. However there are sooo many others things it could be and that it is more likely to be. Are you on any medication for the anxiety?

cpe1978
29-11-13, 14:07
Seriously Sean, this is the last time I am going to post on this thread as I think it is just making it worse.

I sincerely hope one day very soon, you look back at your posting history on this site and laugh at how off the wall some of it is. I am not in any way trying to do down the significance of HA, I have been there and you only have to look through some of my posts to see that.

Really it seems to me that the ball is firmly in your court now. You have to make a decision. Whether to pick on every innocuous sensation and connect it to terminal illness or whether to enjoy life with your wife and beautiful children. Doesn't sound like much of a choice does it?

If you feel the need to visit this site then use it as an opportunity for suppory for your anxiety, not as a place to ask for reassurance about symptoms. Firstly, no one here can genuinely do that and secondly it is fundamentally counter productive to any recovery from the most serious problem you face which is out of control anxiety.

I was reading Katesa's post about leaving this site the other day, and in many respects i feel quite similar to her. I have no idea how severe my HA was in comparison to others, it certainly felt bad when i was at the depths. However I was utterly determined to take it head on and devise a strategy to come out the other side. I have now finished CBT, have a plan of attack with my GP and touch wood, today feel, well just great!

Don't get me wrong, I still worry about my health, but those moments are becoming fewer, more fleeting and less dramatic than they were. A positive trajectory and when you are on that you can see a path up as well as down.

I for the time being am hanging around here, not because i need reassurance (and even if i did i am determined not to ask for it on an online forum), but because I know how debilitating this can be, and if I am able to say anything useful at all that helps one person then that is enough reason to pop back in here from time to time.

The power really is in your hands Sean, you can choose to create dozens more multi page threads or to focus on the real issue at hand and stop running away from it.

I know that may sound harsh, but I am quite direct. (Sorry)

Althea
29-11-13, 16:29
Anxiety is like having a very loud monster in your closet. It roars "Feed me!" and it roars it so loudly that you can't believe it's not going to hurt you. So you feed it--it eats reassurance from here, from doctors, from family--and it shuts up briefly but it gets even bigger and louder and roars more often for food, because it's being so well fed.

It's hard to change direction and force yourself to starve the monster, because it gets so much louder and more demanding, and you know if you fed it it might shut up at least for a minute and stop the horrible roaring noise that makes it nearly impossible for you to think. But now you're spending almost all of your time feeding the monster just to shut it up instead of having a life.

You have to stop feeding the monster. It's going to roar about it, but it's been roaring at you anyway, and feeding it sure hasn't helped. It's scary to deprive the monster, but if you're going to be afraid anyway, wouldn't it be good at least to be afraid while heading in the direction you want to go? The more you deprive the monster, the smaller it gets, and the longer it stays quiet, and you may find it's not even a monster but just a slightly confused dog that thought it was protecting you.