PDA

View Full Version : How to control negative/debilitating thoughts... Desperate please :(

AnxiousGirl1
28-11-13, 22:29
Anyone know how to control intrusive/destructive thoughts. Mine revolve around my breathing and that scared of mind.

Can anyone help with this? As in ways, to grasp some level of control over my mind? Distraction isn't enough, especially at bed time when I'm trying to get to sleep not distract myself. Please if anyone knows any ways they managed to grasp control of their thinking etc

Hopeandlove
28-11-13, 23:13
hi its anxiety do you take med? jan

princesspanic78
28-11-13, 23:27
Its hard to stop thoughts coming into your head isn't it? Remind yourself that you were worried about your breathing last night but you have got through the whole day fine so you must have been breathing ok all this time.

Have you tried any hypnosis/meditation? Ive got a Deep Sleep app that I play if I can't sleep, its not guaranteed to send you to sleep but it works for me about 50% of the time I try it. It runs through some deep breathing then visualisation which does distract you in a restful way.

Hope you have a better night tonight x

AnxiousGirl1
29-11-13, 00:10
I don't take any medication atm Jan. Haven't got an appointment with the doc until next week!! :(

---------- Post added at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:05 ----------

Where can I find one princess panic?

I think trying to control it makes it worse, hasn't exactly been helping me so far. You can exist without thinking right? I read this book called the power of now and the author was saying how the mind is separate from you... Like the thinking is separate so you don't have to be a victims to your thoughts and you can just ignore them.. But I can't really think of how people don't think tbh

Thank you so very much princess. You are truly a hero xxx

princesspanic78
29-11-13, 00:26
I got mine in itunes app store but here is a link to the website of the hypnotist.
http://www.hypnotherapy-london.info/MP3s-and-CDs.html
There is a products tab with different options to download.

That book may help some people but it doesn't sound like my cuppa, I think we can learn to not get stressed by our thoughts and not act on our thoughts but I don't think we can stop ourselves from having the thoughts in the first place. It would be lovely to have a switch somewhere that we could turn them off for a while though :) x