PDA

View Full Version : Now this is sad. ARG.....

Lyndsey
09-11-06, 14:15
Well we decided to go out as a family to dinner. Me, hubby, my two sons and my niece and nephew. Well we sat down and everything was good. Then all of a sudden I got sweaty and it almost felt like the room was spinning my heart started racing and I knew I was having an attack. This really sucks I cant even go out to dinner without having an attack. Hubby kept asking me whats wrong but I had to ignore him because I didnt want to talk. Then to top it all off I found a hair in my food! LOL Life sucks sometimes.

I am so glad to have someone to talk to who goes through the same thigns I do.

Paddington
09-11-06, 14:22
DONT YOU JUST HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!!Soz hun,been there tho,and couldn't you just SCREAM!!!Next time will be better.Dont let it stop you going again,replace the bad memory with a good one!Hard ,i know,doing it with my driving at the moment and each day,it helps to but the bad memory further away[till the next time..lol..]love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

carlin
09-11-06, 14:56
Hi there, how awful is it? I have to say, i think you did real good by actually going and staying...ok, you felt bad, but you still kind of managed it? Next time, and yes, there will be a next time, will be a little easier, you survived and next time you will enjoy it!!! take care xx

ceecee
09-11-06, 16:02
hi lyndsey sorry you had a horrible time,but it will get easier!!
just try to keep doing these things rather than avoiding them,as it will make it worse
you,ll be ok just try to take it as it comes!!
take care and think to yourself EVEN THOUGH IT WAS TOUGH I DID IT & I CAN DO IT AGAIN!!!!!
HUGS
RACHEL X

eeyorelover
09-11-06, 16:48
Hi lyndsey,
I know that it was a rough nite but I have to say... YOU MADE IT THROUGH!!!! WAY TO GO!!!! I think that is a success story!!!
I know it doesn't seem like it right now because you felt so shi@y while you were there - but you faced your fear and the nasty physical effects that anxiety has on us sometimes and you toughed it out.
Even tho it was hard it least now you know that you can do it and that will make the next time SO much easier.
I hope you let the staff have it about the hair in the food cuz that is just too nasty. Hey and come to think about it, losing it on a waiter might help take care of some of the adreniline rush feeling that a panic attack can cause - lol
xxx
Sandy

LickeyEndBlues
09-11-06, 16:51
You found a hair in your food!!! Just as well you weren't talking...everyone might have wanted one!!!:):)

It must have been difficult but well done for what you achieved!!

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

honeybee3939
09-11-06, 18:30
Hi lyndsey !

Well i would say it was a success story too ! You got through it and you should be proud of that, the more you attempt things the easier it gets, i promise you that.

Well Done:D

Love

Andrea
xxx

nomorepanic
09-11-06, 19:28
Hi Lyndsey

If this happens again then try to start talking to distract you from the panic. Tell yourself that you are fine and it can't harm you even though it feels like it. A little self-reassurance goes a long way.

Well done on going and coping!

Are you sure it was a hare and not a rabbit?? LOL

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Piglet
09-11-06, 20:10
Nic - pmsl!!!:D:D:D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

mirry
09-11-06, 20:23
this happened to me last month, i found a hair in my meal and then a min later my friend found one in hers !

As she complained loudly [:I] I told her "i dont know what you are worried about,at least yours is a long hair" (unlike mine [xx(])

mirryx

Lyndsey
09-11-06, 21:17
Yeah I guess you could say it was a success story, I made it through dinner! Oh and I b*tched the waitress out then I got a refund. I dont think Ill be going there anymore. :D

I am so glad to have someone to talk to who goes through the same thigns I do.

dj9928
09-11-06, 21:21
A refund wasn't bad!! The usually don't charge extra for hairs anyway! When I go to our local chinese If you look hard enough your guaranteed to get a black hair in it somewhere, I generally just pick it out and get on with it, I can't be bothered with a fuss

Check Out My Anxiety Diary

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=127587744

yorkylover
10-11-06, 14:15
It Sucks big time,I couldnt even go to the shops yesterday.Its my birthday next week and Im not even going to try and go for a meal.I know what will happen.Sorry you had such a bad time.;)

Ellen XX