PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Horror

Koalabear1992
29-11-13, 00:48
So I decided to try to go black Friday shopping... NOT a good idea. I had the worst panic attack in months. People were rude and very unhappy. People bumping into me and everything was just so compacted... I knew for sure I was going to die of a heart attack. My face got hot and my heart was vibrating in my chest. I couldn't find my way out. NEVER again. Or at least not until I get my medicine working... ugh. Anyways. Happy Thanksgiving. :)

PanchoGoz
29-11-13, 11:16
Now what is black friday? Is it a USA thing?
Best to attack these things a little at a time, don't go into a massive crowd like that until you feel you have all you armour.

Rennie1989
29-11-13, 11:37
I hate shopping at the best of times, shopping in a supermarket during the weekend gets me very stressed out!

Just because you had a horrible experience does not mean that you have to rely on medication to go shopping again. Try shopping when the shops have just opened rather than midday when the majority of shoppers are out. Unfortunately everyone is doing their Christmas shopping so it will be busier than normal. Just remember to breathe deeply, not shallow in the chest. If you're out and can feel a panic coming then find somewhere quiet, take a break, get your breathing under control and try again.

SarahH
29-11-13, 16:06
What is Black Friday?

Rennie1989
29-11-13, 17:07
Black Friday is when shops have big discounts, and it's always the day after Thanksgiving. We're beginning to adopt that here.

Annie0904
29-11-13, 17:08
Black Friday is a day in USA when they have big sales in the shops. I only do online sales shopping as I could not bear to be in the crowds of such a big sale.

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

We posted the same time Rennie :) I have noticed that a few shops here had Black Friday offers today too :)

Em.ma
29-11-13, 22:57
Black Friday was manic in nyc today !

HoneyLove
29-11-13, 23:03
Did you get anything nice Emma??

Em.ma
30-11-13, 00:04
A few things, socks, pj trousers, gifts for family (Xmas stuff) :)
Was manic though. Never seen nothing like it!

nomorepanic
30-11-13, 00:39
I don't really see why we need it in the UK to be honest!

Yossino
30-11-13, 08:12
Oh man black Friday crowds can be absolutely retarded. Watch some videos of it (it might decrease your hope in humanity however).

Koalabear1992
30-11-13, 16:11
My mom almost got a guysvfist to the face for accidentally bumping him... Eeesh...