PDA

View Full Version : Electric shock feeling

willous1
29-11-13, 12:05
Hi

I just touched a metal part of my seat at work and got a little shock like you get sometimes if you touch the holding part of an escalator. Is this a worry- please can someone reply. AAnyone had this

fedup36
29-11-13, 12:08
All the time!
My colleague even touched my face earlier and I got an electric shock, its where you have built static up from the floor.

willous1
29-11-13, 12:43
Thank you, I was jsut worried because of my brain tumour anxiety but it would not be related to that?

I think its metal but may be plastic. Silly things always happen when anxiety is at its highest. Im wearing shoes with no socks today, could that have caused it.

---------- Post added at 12:26 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

Im panicking because I have never had this before from the chair

---------- Post added at 12:43 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Why do I do this

fedup36
29-11-13, 12:56
Please don't worry, I am exactly the same as you... Today my anxiety was set off as I got a rumbling in my ear now I'm convinced I'm about to faint! I also had the BT anxiety so please don't worry... You get that shock from plastic, skin on skin and all sorts so I wouldn't worry!

I get these dizzy zaps that make me feel like my hands are being electrocuted which isn't very nice and I've had 2 clear MRI scans so that might make you feel better :)

willous1
29-11-13, 13:03
Thank you, I just connected it to the twitching and it made by BT fear ten times worse. I hate anxiety. Most people would think nothing of it. It was only on the tip of my finger and the I am not waering my normal work shoes today but casual ones that are not rubber.

willous1
29-11-13, 17:13
i have got this twice this afternoon but wearing new shoes. Plus someone else here jsut shocked someone else so could it be the enviroment? Anyone know

katesa
29-11-13, 17:41
You know what Sean,

I came back here today specifically to check up on you to see whether you would take any of the advice offered you on board, including the e-mail I sent you that I found very hard to write for reasons I am sure you understand.

I see it didn't help at all. Not even the tiniest little bit.

You want to talk about brain tumors? Go volunteer at your local hospice Sean. Watch people face the reality of it, often with only weeks to live, but still manage to find more happiness in their blessings than you do.

You have now become so self obsessed that I don't know what to say to you anymore. When you try to get back to the nice, witty, kind guy that is underneath all that selfishness, I'll try to help you again.

Tanner40
29-11-13, 19:19
Come on Sean, you have done this before and you can do it again! No more freaking yourself out, because that's all anxiety is, you know. It's the fight or flight "what if" syndrome. You are "what iffing" yourself to death and fueling the fire of the very thing that you hate the most, anxiety itself.

No one can reassure you at this point. You're determined to find the worst. I know because I have been there in the past. One small step, that's all you need to do. Say it's anxiety and let it be. Just tell it to do it's worst and go on and kill you. It won't happen.

Find one positive thing today and post about it. That's a challenge that we know that you can do. Just one positive thing and think about only that for 10 minutes. It all starts with one small step.

purgatory
29-11-13, 20:00
I get little static shocks all the time, walking around Tesco is worst mainly the clothes section I make sure I don't touch the metal on the trolley.

You will find in this weather the ions in the atmosphere are positively charged and can cause a increase in shocks in some people.
It is rarely a sign of any illness it is just a thing that happens and your twitching is the same.
I leave with constant muscle spasms/twitches and have done for several years now and also have been treated for facial pain (feels like lightning bolts shooting down one side of my face) and I have had a mri done and they found nothing.

Anxiety has a strange way of finding an outlet on our bodies and it is just how my outlets are I have been scared of so many things worrying about this illness and that illness and nothing has ever come of it.