PDA

View Full Version : I've made myself so ill!

Kelsey91
29-11-13, 12:10
Woke up this morning feeling awful I really am terrified of Cancer and probably have no reasons to be the fear I have is awful I can't go on like this it's taking over my life!

HoneyLove
29-11-13, 12:19
Hi Kelsey, I'm sorry you're feeling so bad today.

Have you got any stress management tools you can use? Or are you doing anything to manage the anxiety like CBT or counselling?

Kelsey91
29-11-13, 12:33
Hi thanks for the reply I have been referred for cbt just waiting for a appointment and been taking anti d's for a couple of days I feel so awful I keep checking my body over and looking up symptoms I feel like a burden on my children and family :(

HoneyLove
29-11-13, 13:12
That's great about the CBT, I hope that you're not waiting for very long. Give the medication a little time to work, it can be a few weeks before you feel the benefit of it.

Do you use any relaxation techniques to help you with the stress?

Kelsey91
29-11-13, 13:18
I no I hope the cbt works my mind just feels overworked thinking bad things all the time! No I just try and breath and tell myself I'm being silly x

HoneyLove
29-11-13, 13:26
Telling yourself you're being silly isn't going to help, beating yourself up never does any good. You need to understand that you have an anxiety disorder and that it takes some work to get better. It's OK to feel bad sometimes.

A daily relaxation practice like meditation or a little yoga would help enormously, would you ever consider something like that?

Kelsey91
29-11-13, 13:40
This may sound crazy but I believe my anxiety is caused because I truely believe something is wrong with me is that part of HA? I feel like I'm going crazy x

HoneyLove
29-11-13, 13:44
A big problem with HA is believig that something is wrong with you, and constantly seeking reassurance about it - but really the main problem is simply the anxiety. So the key is dealing with the anxiety itself, and catch the problem at it's root.

Natalie2389
29-11-13, 13:44
This may sound crazy but I believe my anxiety is caused because I truely believe something is wrong with me is that part of HA? I feel like I'm going crazy x

This is how I feel if I didn't have a symptom or a thought I'd be ok .... I wouldn't have anxiety

Kelsey91
29-11-13, 13:52
It's awful isn't it Natalie I just can't bare it anymore x

cpe1978
29-11-13, 14:16
Kelsey and Natalie,

The great news is that you have recognised that you have an anxiety condition. The other great news is that there is very little chance at all that there is anything at all physically seriously wrong with you. Now for the really great news! If you have the determination and focus, anxiety can be beaten. I am supposed to be working right now, so this is just a brief post, but there are strategies that you can employ to get yourself back on track.

Firstly give yourself a break. You are in an anxious place and there isnt a quick way out of it. However your goal should be to make tomorrow better than today and so on and so forth.

I was chatting to my wife yesterday about what a mess i was back in June, literally falling apart, just started a new job, struggling to hold it together big style. The change between then and now is staggering and whilst i hesitate to type it given that i know there are bumps ahead, i feel incredible compared to six months ago.

I have however had 15 CBT sessions, set up a management plan with my GP and worked hard at my thought processes.

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

This is how I feel if I didn't have a symptom or a thought I'd be ok .... I wouldn't have anxiety

Everyone has symptoms and thoughts every day. The difference with people with HA is how we react to them. You cant manage sensations, but you can manage your reaction to them.

Tanner40
29-11-13, 14:39
CPE 's post was so accurate and helpful. If you control your reactions, you will not fuel the fires of anxiety. I have had CBT in the past, and I know that it can be difficult to implement the strategy when you are in the midst of an anxious period.

Breathe deep and remember to just face the fears and do whatever you need to do anyway. Anxiety can't hurt you. There are some really good CBT classes online that can help you while you are waiting to be placed for your upcoming CBT. Just a thought!