PDA

View Full Version : upset need a filling again

unsure_about_this
29-11-13, 12:20
With an awkward mouth and teeth to keep clean and brush well. I am a little upset that I need a filling again, I don't like my smile as much as it.

My dentist says I should not be embarrassed about my teeth. I do go for three months appointments. I am scared that I may need dentures before I am 40 (I am 30 next week)

My dentist is pleased that I got some CBT as she knows I am very worried about the big c word.

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

I feel ashamed of how my teeth look sometimes, and what people think. I don't feel confident. My teeth have always been awkward. I would have bridges and implants if I could afford the cost.

Annie0904
29-11-13, 12:32
Hi Phil If your dentist says you shouldn't be embarrassed about your teeth then I am sure he is right. We always seem to find faults with ourselves that others don't see. It is not unusual to need fillings at your age. My daughter is about the same age as you and has just been for some fillings.

cls1033
29-11-13, 13:12
who cares what other people think. you should feel proud of your self. don't live your life based on what you think others are thinking you are a beautiful person. keep your head up and smile :D

Canadiana
29-11-13, 16:51
I'm the same. If I could get implants done, I would. My teeth have always been a sore spot with me, they embarass me greatly. The others are right though, we shouldn't care what others think! Easier said than done. I need a lot of work done on my mouth, again, I'm so not looking foward to it.