PDA

View Full Version : lightheadedness

shereedac
09-11-06, 15:53
I seemingly started suffering from anxiety two years ago after a build up of numerous stresses. I have severe symptoms of anxiety practically all of them through to full blown panic attacks.At one point i was down at the doctors three times a day ecause of these and of the feeling in my head which i cannot describe. I was sent for a brain scan and had other tests but everything has came back fine. What is disturbing me is that for the last 8 months i have been constantly lightheaded as though i am rocking and drunk and going to pass out which i am very frightened of doing if this happens. My eyes are also playing tricks on me whereas i can look at something the tv for example and look away and see the shadow of this shape on the wall. My eyes also go blurry. my legs also feel as if they are jelly all of the time. I am convinced that the doctors have missed something and are leaving me to die as i cannot believe that anxiety can do this to you 24/7. It is ruining my life and have been off work since january. I am a very desperate lady.

sheree ritchie

ceecee
09-11-06, 16:08
H sheree i replied to your post in panic/panic attacks.
i too feel the same way and have been to see a neurologist as i was soooo scared of what it was that was making me feel this way but he said there was no signs of anything wrong,but its just sooo hard when you feel this way!!!
i find that if i do ever relax it does help a little
feel free to PM me anytime
take care
rachel x

Humly
09-11-06, 16:25
Hi there. I know how you feel. I have had the lightheadedness thing also and I think that this was purely down to anxiety. I found that once I started thinking about something else (another health concern as it happens), it just went away. Honestly, your docs would have picked something up if there was anything to worry about. I also get the shadow shape thing on the wall when watching tv. I am sure that this is nothing as well. Just our eyes playing optical illusions or something. Perhaps someone else could explain why this happens a bit better than me.

Have a good look around this site and it will definitely ease your mind.

Take care

LT

chillx
09-11-06, 16:45
Hi

I replied to your other posting but I thought the link below would be useful as it has additional links included within it. The shadow on the wall after watching TV is normal and everyone experiences that. You will also get it if you watch TV then close you eyes everything white becomes black and vice versa.

You have been well checked out with the brain scan etc. so you should try and accept what the doctors say. Once you do that you will slowly see an improvement.

Dizziness (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13187)

Take care.

chillx

sgp64
10-11-06, 12:10
Hi Sheree. I've had the light headedness thing, vision disturbances and "jelly legs" for a couple of weeks now and I'm sure it's my anxiety. I seem to move from symptom to symptom and have switched from focusing all the time on my heart, to pains in my back, then to tingling and pins and needles, and now this. There's been a couple of days when I've felt so weak and light headed that I simply haven't been able to leave the house, convinced that I would collapse in the street. How is your diet? If you're not eating enough and well enough because of your anxiety then this can def leave you feeling dizzy and weak so it may be worth having a good look at your nutrition levels. Are you getting enough good rest? If not this will also tire you out and result in symptoms you're describing. So just to reassure you...I'm experiencing the same stuff and know how worrying it can be. Hope you feel better soon.

cfury
11-11-06, 01:23
I sometimes suddenly get some serious eye floaters and my vision gets kinda' dark and fuzzy. I also get the lightheaded feeling like I'm going to pass out, at first I thought they were seizures, which triggered my first anxiety attack, then I thought I had a stroke, then moved to Diabetes. I was finally diagnosed with hypoglycemia, so you might want to get tested for that, but I warn you: the trip to the hospital for the glucose test is not fun. The shapes you are seeing after looking away from the TV are normal. Rest your eyes every few minutes and make sure you have a light on in the room when watching TV. I have some serious eye floaters right now because I have been on the computer more often than usual lately. Sometimes it seems like my vision is suddenly slipping away because everything looks dark around me. Anyway, don't worry about it, trust the brain scan: I want one done myself but I'm too young to get one yet. I have a constant fear that something is wrong with my brain and that I can't "think" right.

PaladinX
26-11-06, 00:01
Hi there. I know how you feel. I have had the lightheadedness thing also and I think that this was purely down to anxiety. I found that once I started thinking about something else (another health concern as it happens)

that rang true for me. Ive been really worrying about my extra skipped heart beats alot.. was on my mind alot. very nervous. Then the next couple of days I felt very dizzy and out of it like death. Then started worrying about that instead of my heart. Then i got another skipped beat and worried about that and the dizziness went away.. Are the skipped beats and dizziness related. or is it that my mind is just dwelling somewhere else?