PDA

View Full Version : Stomach problems ..panicking big time

jillyb
29-11-13, 20:33
Me again! Really stressing about my stomach. I've had no problems with my tummy for over 2 years until 2 weeks ago. Pigged out on chocolate and loads of walnuts. Really bloated up then had awful pains in my back. These went and I just had a bit of a bubbly tummy. Just ate very little bland food and told myself it would pass. Then I started panicking, imagining all sorts of things and it has got so much worse. Completely obsessed, very acidy, now feeling nauseous after eating, shaking with fear and it a terrible state. Chemist sold me Zantac but too scared to take it (complete medication phobic). Says not to take if you have a peptic ulcer and I might have, who knows. My ex mother in law had a burst duodenal ulcer and died. Keep thinking I'm going to vomiting blood and die. Sooooo stressed.

HoneyLove
29-11-13, 21:31
Jilly, it sounds like your stomach has flared up a little from those foods and is just taking some time to get back to normal. Do you know that anxiety will make this type of problem worse? Stress can raise the acidity level in your stomach and cause further irritation.

The best thing you can do to help your stomach calm down is to calm down yourself. It will really help, more than you imagine.

If you're not sure about what the chemist has recommended then talk to your doctor. Or simply take some anatacids for a little while to help you get through this. A trip to the doc might be better for you though.

Feel better soon x