PDA

View Full Version : Feeling so bad. Need help, am desperate :(

AnxiousGirl1
30-11-13, 05:46
I really need help. I haven't been sleeping like at all past couple of days. I feel exhausted and nerves are completely messed up. I'm constantly dwelling on my breathing and worrying about the power of the mind. I'm living in a constant state of fear and I don't know how to brake out of it. I'm not even able to go to sleep :scared15: need some help desperately :weep:

kahi35
30-11-13, 06:34
Hi are u able to exercise?

roxy90
30-11-13, 10:13
A couple of times when my anxiety was sky high I stayed up all night because I thought I had an aortic aneurysm that was going to burst. And I mean I stayed up all night waiting for it to happen. Did it? did it heck as like!

Being exhausted will only just add to things and make it worse. If there was something very wrong with your breathing hun you would know about it. I used to count my breaths per minute incase I was breathing more than I should which would mean I had a blood clot in my lung and Im going to die.

Oh I didn't. In order to break out of it you need to stop focusing on your breathing and just relax, and rest :) distract yourself, think of something totally unrelated, go for a jog (you will know there is nothing wrong with you then!:) do something that will take your mind off it. Think positive! :)

cpe1978
30-11-13, 11:31
Roxy has it spot on. I have had depression a few times in my life and health anxiety most recently. The only way I found to kick start things was to force myself to do some things that I just didn't feel like doing but knew I enjoyed.

For me that was a game of badminton with a friend, playing with the kids, getting on my rowing machine or heading into town for a pint with some good friends. At the time it was a real effort but I always enjoyed the activities more than I thought I would and that showed me that it was possible. In the main it has been an upward trajectory ever since and although I still expect bumps I am living again. Today I am at a craft morning with my kids, taking he family out for lunch and then heading to the cinema with my daughter. 6 months ago that would have been almost unthinkable.

Fishmanpa
30-11-13, 11:38
A couple of good suggestions from folks that know.

I'll add that a visit your GP and discuss your anxiety issues with him/her. Get a referral for therapy or CBT which has helped many here.

Positive thoughts

AnxiousGirl1
30-11-13, 16:29
I've probably lost my job now because I've had to take another say off saying that I'm ill but it's not exactly like I can say what's wrong

AnxiousGirl1
01-12-13, 01:20
Thank you guys. Still feeling shit but I think I'll survive xx