PDA

View Full Version : What do you you do while waiting for your medication to take affect?

ButterflyBandage
30-11-13, 10:07
I just got my Zoloft increased to 100mg 4 days ago, and I'm having a lot of trouble with increased anxiety, brain fog, blurry vision, dizziness, constant fatigue + sleepiness (yet can't sleep), and derealization/depersonalization. :frown:

So, my question, is to those of you that have tried Zoloft (or any other SSRI), what are some things that helped you get through the waiting period of waiting for it to work? I could really use some suggestions. :unsure:

Thank you all so much ahead of time! :hugs:

username5927
01-12-13, 05:30
I'm back on the Prozac again myself and not having a blast with the typical side effects :/

I feel you with the extra anxiety, brain fog exc. Aside from drinking a ton of water, lol, I'm trying to keep myself as busy as possible and not allow myself to focus on the nagging negative thoughts. I keep reminding myself that I've been through this before and it Will get better. I try to keep focused at work and hit the gym afterwards. The exercise *really* seems to help me. I picked up an oldie but great book. "Feeling Good" by David Burns. It really helps remind me to keep my head and try to stay in control by combating the negative thoughts.

When the brain fog gets to be too much for me, I force myself up and go do something. Doesn't matter what it is. House chores, take something to the trash, go to the bathroom. Anything to break up the cloud. I do my breathing exercises for the anxiety and force myself to think and imagine happy thoughts/remember good times. It reminds me that this Will pass.

I do my best to ignore the DP/DR. I think that's probably the worst for me. I accept that my body is dissociating for a reason and I'm not going to go insane. I just have to push through it.

I think more than anything the best, for me, is to stay busy.