PDA

View Full Version : head pains - terrified its a brain tumour

louise0501
30-11-13, 13:56
Hi since last night i have been getting on and off shooting pains in the back of my head and into neck. Im now starting to feel dizzy and light headed but that might be anxiety setting in. Im really terrified i have a brain tumour now. Any advice/reassurance? Can anyone relate to this? Im feeling really worried now.

Please reply
love louise x

Fishmanpa
30-11-13, 14:22
Hi since last night i have been getting on and off shooting pains in the back of my head and into neck. Im now starting to feel dizzy and light headed but that might be anxiety setting in. Im really terrified i have a brain tumour now. Any advice/reassurance? Can anyone relate to this? Im feeling really worried now.

Please reply
love louise x

Hi Louise,

Sorry your feeling bad. There are dozen of similar posts that relate to your fear. I've not read one that turned out to be sinister.

While reassurance may help in the short term, unfortunately in many cases, your fear will grab hold again and cause you future distress. Being that you're posting on an anxiety forum and your symptoms are listed in the "symptoms" link on the left side of the page, I think you're right in that anxiety is causing your distress.

Many here have been referred and are seeking and getting treatment and having success. I see you've been suffering with anxiety for some time now :( Hopefully, you'll catch the train and join them.

Positive thoughts

Tanner40
30-11-13, 17:23
Louise, take heart and take a good look at Fishmanpa's reply. Many of us on here have had the exact same symptoms and feelings that you are having. In each case, it has been purly anxiety related. It is amazing and intense all of the physical symptoms that anxiety brings. I have found that it is not the symptoms not the anxiety that is the problem, but our reaction to those symptoms. Our beliefs and thoughts create a cycle of anxiety and fear that give more rule to the fires of anxiety. Good luck in your journey. There is so much to learn on the journey to recovery.

pearl79
30-11-13, 19:46
Tanner and fishmanpa your both very wise xx