PDA

View Full Version : What A turn Around

Tanner40
30-11-13, 16:52
Good Afternoon to everyone! Normally with the situation that I have now, I would be in a panic, googling away for answers. Last night the roof of my mouth started to hurt and my tongue was burning. Little white bumps and white patches in my mouth. Thrush from a recent round of antibiotics I've been on. Not like I haven't had it before.

Instead of panicking, I phoned up my doctor, as I'm out of town on holiday in Atlanta. I'm now waiting for him to call in a prescription for Nystatin. I'm not panicked and I'm not scared and I'm not catastrophizing the event. There is a simple fix for it.

My partner is an R.N. And it's so nice not to question what she is telling me. It's nice to have a rational mind concerning a simple symptom and not to be afraid and to take this to the next level.

It seems like I am turning a corner and for that I'm thankful.

Fishmanpa
30-11-13, 17:06
Good going Tanner! I know thrush well having had it three times during treatment... Ugghhh... it sucks but the Nystatin takes care of it in a few days.

Congrats on a big step forward :) Keep up the good work!

Positive thoughts

Tanner40
30-11-13, 17:07
Thanks Fishmanpa! Just waiting on a prescription to be called in, but not worried about it or in any hurry. I know it's harmless, just a tad uncomfortable. It's so nice to be able to think rationally.

HoneyLove
30-11-13, 21:08
Tanner that's a big corner turned, and a major marker on your road to recovery. Be proud of yourself, you've been working so hard and you deserve to feel good! Xx

Tanner40
30-11-13, 21:41
Thanks HoneyLove. I think the biggest improvement was not having to read all about the medication. I just took it and trusted that it was prescribed for my good, and that it wasn't going to hurt me. That was a good feeling!