PDA

View Full Version : Muscles are not working correctly

j2
30-11-13, 20:28
I am a long time sufferer of HA and I have been taking ativan about once a week for panic attacks lately. I feel like I could easily take 2 or 3 a day as my anxiety is very high lately. I am very very concerned with what I am perceiving as a muscle/nerve problem. I have been having a lot of aches and pains in my upper and lower legs. Same thing with my hands and arms. I have also been having the very scary feeling that my fingers and knees lock open for a second before they close. Not all the time and not every joint. Also I feel uncoordinated and weak sometimes. Like I said I am very anxious but I don't know if I am freaking out because of real symptoms or having physical symptoms in my body because of the anxiety. I have bouts of being very tired and then without sleeping I feel fine an hour or two later. I had full blood work a couple of months ago and everything was within the good range. Can anyone relate? Thanks in advance.

J2

Fishmanpa
30-11-13, 20:42
I can't relate unfortunately but my goodness man! I read through some of your history and you've been under siege since 2008 and that's just on this forum!

You mentioned meds a few times but I didn't see anything concerning therapy or CBT. It has to be totally exhausting dealing with this by now. I've replied to a recent post of yours with no response so I don't know if any of this will reach you but there has to be something you can do to make some strides in treating your HA.

Many here have recently taken the bull by the horns and are doing well. Positive thoughts and prayers you find some relief.

j2
30-11-13, 20:47
Thanks Fishmanpa. It is exhausting. I seem to go through stretches of good and then periods of horrible. Right now it is horrible and I don't seem to know what to do. CBT is too expensive so I suffer and hope. Thanks again.

Fishmanpa
30-11-13, 20:59
I saw a post that linked to a self help CBT program and I'm sure there are several out there available at no charge.

Why not give it a try? If you're as tired as you say you are, you have nothing to lose but your anxiety.

Having a serious illness requires you to fight to stay alive. I know this intimately. You have a serious illness. You have to fight just as hard as anyone suffering a physical illness. It's no different really. Eat right, exercise, don't smoke, refrain from alcohol and find ways to treat your illness even if you have to do it on your own.

As far as therapy, I'm in a similar situation. I need physical therapy for my issues but can't afford it so I do it on my own. I found videos on Youtube on lymphedema massage for head and neck as well as exercises for my shoulder which has nerve damage from surgeries. I work the affected areas and I'm making improvements. It can be done. It's a matter of desire and determination.

Positive thoughts

HoneyLove
30-11-13, 21:00
J2 have you thought about asking your doctor to refer you to CBT through the public health system?

Or have you shopped around to find out therapist prices? You can make it more affordable for yourself by maybe just having one session every couple of weeks, or even one a month - any therapist will be willing to help you plan your sessions in an affordable way.

It's worth the money, it's an investment into a better future for yourself x

Fishmanpa
01-12-13, 01:42
There is a thread here that offers a free online CBT program.

Here's the link http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131664

Positive thoughts

Wombat Overlord
01-12-13, 23:17
Hey man, the best advice I can give is to get off of the Ativan. I was taking generic Lorazepam for about a year. It wasn't too often, maybe 5mg a week, but it took its toll. I have been experiencing a lot of scary muscle issues lately and can relate to that too. Ask your gp to give you something less intense that Ativan, which is probably the most dependant and severe anxiety med you can find. Good luck!

~Alecks