PDA

View Full Version : Really not coping, feeling shocking! Brain tumour?

Sadkel
01-12-13, 09:01
I'm fed up of feeling yuck! Since Wednesday I felt nausea Thursday running to the loo all day. Friday wasn't much better.

Anxiety set in Wednesday when I hiccuped and head filled with a pressure and ears popped ( they do this popping all the time)

I find inward burps and sometimes the odd yawn and I feel the popping more and a bit of strange feeling.

I feel congested/snotty a bit. I had bad ear infection in August that made me bed bound through balance and dizziness.

Also it's coming up to women's week when my anxiety does go up.

I happened to stupidly google about the 1 burp and it said brain tumour. Now I'm constantly thinking it... Feel sick with worry, fuzzy head not headachy, but pure panic and waiting for dizziness to come as it does on and off then trying to rationalise it.

I am so scared..... I'm thinking shud I go to hospital, how will I feel waiting, what if it's bad news, can I go thru tests as I'm petrified of stuff like this.... I'm a right mess at the moment..

Please help x

cpe1978
01-12-13, 09:04
Why would the above lead you to think brain tumour, an exceptionally rare thing as opposed to bug, or sinus issue, an incredibly common thing?

Sadkel
01-12-13, 09:05
Because I looked a hiccup that made me dizzy and it was the only thing that came up :(

cpe1978
01-12-13, 09:17
In which case you need to think more rationally about a) how google works and b) what people are inclined to write on the Internet. I say this firmly in the knowledge that four months ago I used to spend a whole train journey back from working in London googling and coming up with diseases I thought I had.

Not really sure what else to say other than it is overwhelmingly unlikely that people here will be able to give you the reassurance you want. But you can go and get the help you need. Why not book a visit to the GP to discuss anxiety and at the same time mention the symptoms you are worried about.

I did that a few months ago. Found a GP I liked and specifically told her that I didn't want referring for anything unless in her objective opinion and examination the symptoms warranted it. We also devised a plan to tackle my anxiety.

Sadkel
01-12-13, 09:26
Hi

Thank you... I have been to my gp about the anxiety. They are keen to push drugs at me which I'm not too happy about :(

I've had one if the 6 allowed cbt sessions but appointments are like hens teeth... I've been waiting weeks for a second slot :(

I daren't google symptoms in case anymore than that 1 point to the worst case scenario... I just want to snap out of it as easily as it came :(

cpe1978
01-12-13, 09:40
Do you have the capacity to pay privately, even one a month? I personally have found it really useful to understand the irrational way our brain works. But I know how sparse it is on the NHS, it is one of the travesties of our health system.

Alternatively there is lots of stuff online, and also a whole host of people here who have been through CBT and have gems and strategies to share.

Tanner40
01-12-13, 15:00
I agree with Chris, as there are several good online CBT programs that can really be helpful. I am using one now myself.

Reassurance seeking has never worked for me, as I must be rather stubborn in my quest to find a horrible disease explanation for my symptoms. I would certainly check everything out with my physician, but the chance of the symptoms being a brain tumor are practically non existent. Good luck on your journey.

Fishmanpa
01-12-13, 15:33
I googled "hiccup, burps, yawns, dizzy, nausea and congested/snotty" and nothing of the sort came even close to a brain tumor! Common cold, virus, flu came up all over the place though. I also Googled just "1 burp" and some really funny videos came up of people belching ~lol~ Keep in mind that Dr. Google is an algorithm and provide results based on what you typically end up searching for by saving cookies from the sites you spend time on. So if you're constantly searching cancer and tumors and type in "Princess Bride" for example, it will show you results based on the Princess Bride having cancer because it thinks that's what you want to see. Clean out your cache, cookies, and everything else your browser has saved from the beginning, try the search again and see what "1 burp" brings up ;)

No one here can properly diagnose you but in this case I'd place a bet on my Dr. Google ;)

Concerning CBT, as mentioned, there are several on-line programs and one here you can look into.

Here's the link http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131664

Positive thoughts

Sadkel
01-12-13, 17:06
Thanks...

I'm fed up stressing myself out.

Forced myself out today, had a few chest tightenings.. Still am now but I'm guessing it's the damn anxiety!

I'll have a look at the links... Thanks x