PDA

View Full Version : Fed up

rebeccad
01-12-13, 09:42
Really really fed up of feeling like this now , everyday there's something new, I'm tired and my breasts hurt from poking and prodding , my kids don't give me a second and my husband has had enough , my therapy is coming to an end and whilst I'm going I seem to be coping , now that it's ending I'm worrying about it because I think after 6 sessions most people are on the road to recovery,
I hate this anxiety so much wish I could be normal and take everything in my stride 😟😟😟
Not usually a self pity person but i really need to vent how I feel today xx

cpe1978
01-12-13, 10:10
Hi Rebecca,

This is one of the reasons that I chose to do CBT privately. I think I have had roughly 12 sessions and have just finished. But even then, I am going back in January to build a toolkit to prevent relapse and then going back every couple of months beyond that as I know I am the sort of person who won't ask for help until I am desperate and I think the key to this is noticing the warning signs.

That said you will have learned a lot during 6 sessions and hopefully a host of strategies that will mean that you can continue to work and practise in your own time. Also this place is a great source of support and advice about recovery from anxiety,

Good luck.

russdownunder
01-12-13, 10:55
No. After six sessions most people are not necessarily cured. Go back for more if you feel uneasy about stopping. If after that you still don't feel right, you could ask your doctor for a referral to see a psychiatrist. He or she can prescribe the appropriate meds to help you.

AnxietySufferer
01-12-13, 11:21
I completely aggree, i am so fed up with the worry everyday :( I am fed up of constantly looking for lumps etc because I am so convinced that its going to me that gets cancer at a young age. I dont know how to stop thinking this :( not when i feel so ill day in day out anyway

cpe1978
01-12-13, 12:14
Anxiety Sufferer - what are you doing to tackle your anxiety and these thoughts?

rebeccad
01-12-13, 14:00
Thanks all , the thing is this a private councelling paid for through work , I have been to the docs and had a referral and they discharged me because I cancelled an appointment As my son was ill they went mad at me and told me id have to go back on waiting list then they just sent a dishcharged letter ����x

Fishmanpa
01-12-13, 15:15
There is a thread here that offers a free online CBT program.

Here's the link http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131664

Positive thoughts

Tanner40
01-12-13, 15:33
Rebecca, I use the online program that Fishmanpa is referring to in his link. It really has helped to keep me tuned in to all of the coping mechanisms that I have learned. Good luck.

rebeccad
01-12-13, 16:14
Thanks all for replying ill have a look x

Sadkel
01-12-13, 17:07
Rebecca u sound just like me :(

rebeccad
01-12-13, 17:46
It's never ending isn't it , one day you think your on the road to recover then bam you get a symptom and the thoughts start flooding back x

Candyknitter
01-12-13, 18:56
Hi rebeccad, I totally emphathise with you. I spend so much time worrying something is wrong with me that I end up feeling ill and then the negative part of me takes this as proof something IS really wrong with me. It's a vicious cycle and I wish I could stop it, but I haven't figured it out yet. Something that helps is a distraction. It's an effort, but I just tell my head "I'm not indulging you today" and then I go and watch tv or a DVD - something that absorbs my attention. I hope you find some peace from your anxiety soon x

rebeccad
04-12-13, 14:43
Also another stressful thing can happen un health related but I start obsessing over my health because of it , like if someone upsets me at work I start to focus on my health it doesn't make sense , wish I could be normal ��