PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Over And Headed Back Home

Tanner40
01-12-13, 14:53
Good Morning to everyone. Well, I've been on holiday for the last 5 days in Atlanta. We are headed back home to Kentucky today. I am hoping that the road trip back goes as smoothly as the trip to Atlanta went.

Being in a car on a long trip can trigger my anxiety but the coping mechanisms that I put in place worked extremely well. I went back this morning and read my post from the trip down and that was encouraging.

I've had very little anxiety on this trip. I've slept well and enjoyed seeing family and friends. It's been very pleasant, as even my morning anxiety has abated.

I'm so hoping that things have turned a corner, and I hope to enjoy the trip back home. I'll post how things are going later on in the day.

Fishmanpa
01-12-13, 15:17
Hey Tanner,

Glad your Thanksgiving was a good one! I don't know about you but I gained at least a pound! ~lol~ You got this man! Have a safe trip! Post updates ya hear?

Positive thoughts

Tanner40
01-12-13, 15:30
Thanks Fishmanpa! I think I gained two pounds. LOL. I will post updates during the trip. I really appreciate all of your support and encouragement. All of this really works if we just take it in.

cpe1978
01-12-13, 15:37
This is great Tanner. There will inevitably be bumps but make sure you see them as that and not a complete derailment. But in the meantime enjoy to positive direction.

HoneyLove
01-12-13, 15:45
Well done Tanner, I'm glad to hear that the morning anxiety is lessening too, that's wonderful news :)

Fishmanpa
01-12-13, 15:58
Thanks Fishmanpa! I think I gained two pounds. LOL. I will post updates during the trip. I really appreciate all of your support and encouragement. All of this really works if we just take it in.

And there it is! The KEY to getting well. Desire and determination are the keys to getting well. You must take the bull by the horns and fight back! You can beat this and learn how to hold off the bull when it charges.

I hope everyone that suffers from the beast called anxiety reads that and takes it to heart!

Positive thoughts

Tanner40
01-12-13, 17:18
So true Fishmanpa! All of the reassurance seeking never works and only frustrates the anxiety sufferer, along with everyone trying to help.

We have to take the bull by the horns and use the positive tools and encouragement that are available to us. Yes, there will be detours and road blocks but it is our attitude and thoughts about these events that will ultimately lead to recovery.

We just have to believe in the positive events and the positive things that we are told.

Thanks to HoneyLove and Chris too, as their help has been solid advice along my journey.

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

Sixty days down the interstate, in Georgia, headed for Tennessee. All is going well and I expect to enjoy the trip. I think that's key, to expect to enjoy it. Beats the heck out of dreading it.

cpe1978
01-12-13, 17:22
I read an article once about worry. Someone has done some research that says that 95% of the things we worry about never happen and those that do don't tend to measure up to the worry in the first place.

Tanner40
01-12-13, 18:46
That is so true, Chris. I always worry about the unnecessary things and tend to shy away from the things that I can actually do something about. Or at least that used to be my pattern.

As for today, it's a beautiful, sunny day. Wonderful day for a road trip, and I'm doing well. Just headed into the Smoky Mountains, up near Knoxville, Tennessee.

cpe1978
01-12-13, 18:51
It has also been a beautiful winter's day here. Long walk in the woods with the kids to collect holly, swimming lessons with my daughter, playing in the garden and now just settling down with a hearty lasagne, salad and glass of red wine. Next up story time, and then chilling with my wife (probably another glass of wine) and watching Ray Donovan.

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

Sometimes you need to take a step back to realise how wonderful the simple things in life are.

Tanner40
01-12-13, 18:56
You're so right, Chris. You're day with your children sounds wonderful. I must say I'm quite jealous of the hearty lasagna and the nice glass of red wine. I see fast food in my immediate future.

Tanner40
02-12-13, 00:32
Just letting everyone know that I'm safely back home in Lexington. The trip back was wonderful and I feel like I expanded my comfort zone. We even were stuck at a dead halt on the interstate for over an hour, due to an accident. Normally, I would have panicked but I didn't even get anxious. It was a freeing experience to know that I was able to enjoy a seven hour road trip and visit my family out of town.

A month ago this would not have been possible. It's amazing what we can accomplish when we really step outside of the box and work hard. Not to mention, I wouldn't be where I'm at right now without all of the rational support and advice of many of you.

I can definitely say that I feel great about the weekend and my accomplishments.

Fishmanpa
02-12-13, 00:34
Congrats! Glad to hear you made it home safely. Pat yourself on the back... you've made some great strides.

Positive thoughts