PDA

View Full Version : Tylenol overdose question

mattx155
02-12-13, 00:10
I'm not sure if anyone can help me here but I'm quite worried. Yesterday around 12 noon I took a total of 3000 mg of tylenol to help with pain from a recent back surgery I had done. Around 9:30 pm that same day I took another 3000 mg of tylenol totaling about 6000 mg in one day. Now the reason I took this much is the vicodin they prescribed me has 500 mg of tylenol in one pill and I've been in so much pain yesterday I needed to take more than usual. It was the weekend so I couldn't get into my drs office for something stronger. I didn't realize how much tylenol I was taking until it was too late. It is now the next day and am not feeling any overdose symptoms but am worried sick because I hear they can take 2-3 days to manifest. I know this is an unsafe dose of tylenol but is it a fatal dose? Please, any help will be appreciated. I have a wife and daughter I do not want to leave behind. Thank you.

ElizabethJane
02-12-13, 18:41
We do not have Tylenol or Vicodin in the UK maybe someone from the US will be able to advise you? EJ