PDA

View Full Version : something scared me last night...

pepsi
02-12-13, 07:53
Some of u might know ive been suffering from randim twitches allover for a few weeks now. Ive tried magnesium and drinking lots of fluids . Its mainly during times when I am at rest watching tv or lay on my bed. Last night though as I was switching off and not asleep just lay on my side my head shook this is the 2nd time this has happened.vi have been jolted awake in the past when almost asleep this is very different it frightened me im so affraid at the moment im not leaving the house much as I feel these twitches are taking over. I beaely recognise the person I was. I just want it to stop. Tnx for reading

cpe1978
02-12-13, 09:34
Hiya Pepsi,

The sensation when you are falling asleep is quite normal I think. I often jolt myself awake at that point. There is a posh name for it, but i cant remember it.

As for the other twitches, all I can say is discuss it with your GP, but you only have to take a look through this website to see how common it is with anxious people.

pepsi
02-12-13, 09:50
Hi cpe thankyou for your reply. I know how you mean about the jolts as youre falling asleep...but I was still awake laying there thinking about what I was doing the nxt day etc..then it happened which really freaked me out. Only 2nd time its happened like that since tthis all starte some weeks ago. I also have a small indenrationvin my upper left arm after a few months of aching dr said if its now no longer aching not to worry. But ive read abiut mustle astropy ( mustle wasting) & combined with these twitches at night I feel its something sinister.

cpe1978
02-12-13, 09:54
I am reading between the lines here, but I guess you are thinking about MND or ALS? Well if what I understand is correct, atrophy only happens after the muscle has already lost connection with the brain, in the same way that if you break an arm and have a pot that you will have muscle wastage. That only takes a few weeks. Logically therefore you could assume that for it to be as a result of this you would already have lost quite considerable function.

Similarly with twitching. As I understand it, people dont just get random twitches, and they are also the end of a muscle dying, by which point you would in all likelihood know that something serious was going on through other symptoms.

Is it just possible that the indentation is something you havent noticed before and is just one of those things?

pepsi
02-12-13, 10:43
hi thankyou for your response it means a lot to me and what you say is comforting . the pain I had in my upper arm went on for some time then one morning I noticed the dent which then pushed me into going to the drs the twitches hadn't menifestered at this point and the dr was thinking something like a sist was under the skin pulling on it and that's why it was aching . I had an xray all ok as I thought and then the ache subsided and its not causing me any pain so the dr wrote it off and didn't want me back for blood tests . then the twitches arrived and haven't left and yes I though it was and think it is Als or Ms .... if youre right in what you say and my goodness I hope you are then it cant be als as although I ache a bit at times I haven't lost function or use of this arm and I haven't noticed muscle wastage anywhere else . it wasn't there before people think and say how weird it looks which makes things worse for me inside .

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

ps I lost my father last October to Parkinsons Disease this partly worries me too .

Fishmanpa
02-12-13, 13:25
Thing is Pepsi, You've had these twitches and arm fears for over a month. Logically, if your fears of ALS or other deadly diseases were true, you'd be getting pretty sick by now.

Despite reassurances from many here and your doctor, you're still in the cycle of HA. There is a way out and you know what it is ;) Go back and look at Skippy's posts as well as Tanner's... you'll see where they were and where they are now from taking the bull by the horns and fighting back. You have too much to live for to allow HA to take it away.

Positive thoughts

skippy66
02-12-13, 15:04
Fishmanpa is absolutely right.

And I can tell you that before this forum existed I got myself completely obsessed with twitches, it caused me to have them all the time and I was taking a log of them. This was around 2002.

BFS (benign fasciculation syndrome) was the diagnosis from the neuro doc. Yet another waste of NHS time and resources...

pepsi
02-12-13, 17:32
I thought deseases such as MS took years to progress ...sometimes symptoms can show and then leave for months then return again . Thats why its hard to diagnose.

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

Ps..my doctor hasnt reassured me. I havent seen him only for arm pain nothing else

Fishmanpa
02-12-13, 17:55
I thought deseases such as MS took years to progress ...sometimes symptoms can show and then leave for months then return again . Thats why its hard to diagnose.

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

Ps..my doctor hasnt reassured me. I havent seen him only for arm pain nothing else

:shrug: Don't know what else to say. The chances of you having a serious illness like MS are slim to none at best based on statistics. I posted some of those stats on your previous thread. Book an appointment with your doctor, explain your fears and discuss your anxiety with him.

Positive thoughts

pepsi
02-12-13, 21:03
Ok....will do sorry .:blush:

Fishmanpa
02-12-13, 21:18
Ok....will do sorry .:blush:

Don't be sorry!... You just have a severe case of "Yeahbut's Disease". That's when no matter what anyone says you say "Yeah But....." ;)
Just take action and grab the bull by the horns... You can do this ya hear!

Positive thoughts