PDA

View Full Version : What is this that keeps happening for a second

james_grimble
02-12-13, 11:43
HI,

I hope anyone can relate to this or give me an idea of what it is !

Basically every now and again, ( maybe a couple of times a day ) I fet this feeling in my chest for 1 second, its like something has moved and immediately it takes my breath away ( literally like all the air has been sucked out of my body ). Then I am completely normal again. The feeling and the breath being taken away occur at exactly the same time last for 1 second then back to normal ????

I sometimes get this a few times a day, has anyone else had this ? is it ectopics ?

Tcurwen
29-11-14, 20:03
Yes I get this exact feeling! A flutter feeling then light headed anxious feeling! Sometimes I have a few but they only last 1 second. I don't go back to normal though cause so scared! I have seen cardiologists etc all fine. Stay strong!!!!

Meat-Head
01-12-14, 22:09
Oh yeah. I've had lots of these. It's probably a PVC.

Aaahhfreakout
03-12-14, 00:21
Yup, a feeling of needing to cough is also common.

Meat-Head
08-12-14, 18:34
Yup, a feeling of needing to cough is also common.

Yes. I get that too.

Amylee1982
05-01-15, 10:01
Yes 100% get these its really disturbing feeling. Its either so many pvcs together or because the extrabeats comes in at an awkward point of your normal beat and interrupts it causing it to give this sensation...id say its depends on how much your heart is filled with blood when the extrabeats interrupts to the sensation u feel if any. Hope this makes sense x

smine
25-01-15, 10:50
yeh thats a pretty good description of what my skipped/ectopic beats feel like. some are quite gentle but some have quite a thump to them and it is a little bit scary. if you're worried get some tests to eliminate anything important... and then just accept that you will probably feel them now and again for the rest of your life, but not worry about them anymore