PDA

View Full Version : really worried and scared

dawnieb12
02-12-13, 16:15
The roof of my mouth is quite sore with red patches on it..It's stings if I eat or drink anything in really worried as I've had a cluster of stinging white lumps on the tip of my tongue a few days now..I keep thinking oral cancer..I'm finding it really hard not to Google my symptoms :weep:

HoneyLove
02-12-13, 16:26
Dawnie it just sounds like a bit of thursh or irritation in your mouth - oral cancer doesn't just pop up like that out of the blue.

It would be a good idea to visit your doctor if it's bothering you, and perhaps have a chat with them about your HA while you're there x

Fishmanpa
02-12-13, 18:00
Dawnie it just sounds like a bit of thursh or irritation in your mouth - oral cancer doesn't just pop up like that out of the blue.

It would be a good idea to visit your doctor if it's bothering you, and perhaps have a chat with them about your HA while you're there x

Dawnie,

HoneyLove is right. I had oral cancer and it doesn't come up out of nowhere like that.

Positive thoughts

unsure_about_this
02-12-13, 18:09
Both HoneyLove and Fishmanpa are right, like Honeylove has said if you are worried please see your GP or even better your dentist who can give you reassurance.

dawnieb12
02-12-13, 19:18
Thanks for your replies I feel a whole lot better from your advice I know more than likely it's nothing serious but as usual HA takes over

HoneyLove
02-12-13, 20:23
Dawnie, what are you doing to manage the HA and stop it from taking over the next time?

Tanner40
02-12-13, 22:19
I had thrush over the weekend, caused by a recent round of antibiotics. Presented itself exactly as you described it. I know that it's harmless and Nystatin will get rid of it quickly. Remember that it's not the event that is anxiety producing, but the thinking behind the event.