PDA

View Full Version : heart beat

jojo69
02-12-13, 16:19
can anyone tell me if anxiety can cause you to hear your heart beating in your head I know its weird and I may be crazy but its persistant and driving me nuts xx

HoneyLove
02-12-13, 16:24
Jojo can you explain a bit more - do you mean a whooshing sound in your ears? Is it something you didn't hear before?

We all hear our heartbeat in our head, but usually our brain will filter it out unless it's really quiet or if you get a bit of a fright and your heart is pounding.

If it's a different sound, like a whooshing or a pulse that you haven't heard before then it may be a kind of tinnitus. I often get this, it's down to muscle tension from clenching my jaw.

jojo69
02-12-13, 16:27
ive only noticed it last couple of days but I can only describe it as if you run up the stairs and your heart speeds up and you are aware of it its just like a ticking clock maybe im just over thinking things but with ha its hard to stop thinking once you've noticed it xx

HoneyLove
02-12-13, 16:30
I know it can be hard to take your mind of a worry.

Are you getting any help with the HA?

jojo69
02-12-13, 16:50
yeah ive seen a therapist and he was very good im seeing the doctor tomorrow so ill mention it to him. I just over think everything but im sure it wont be anything to worry about fingers crossed xx