PDA

View Full Version : Severe ear pain after ear syringe

Shivmarie
02-12-13, 17:02
Hi all, just wondered if it's reasonably normal to get pain? I had my right ear done today for the first time, it was painful and had to stop, she looked in my ear and seen something so called in a GP to look and there was a grommet from when I was 5 sat in there (I'm 25 now)Which he managed to extract anyway I've got such bad pain in the ear and the back of my throat. The GP said its inflamed in there too. This is the same day my left ear has been checked and that's infected AND perforated again. So feeling pretty crap.
I just wondered if I need to seek further advice even though the GP looked in my ear post irrigation. This was done at the practise I work at mid morning, not my GP practise.

---------- Post added at 17:02 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

P.s have been referred to ENT but my appointment isn't until 20th January 2014.

HoneyLove
02-12-13, 17:05
You poor thing, that sounds painful to go through!

What did they say to you about pain levels? Did they tell you if it was normal to have pain after this kind of procedure, it does sound like it would make sense. Have you taken any painkillers to help with it?

Sounds like you have a lot of problems with your ears! Have you ever tried going dairy free to see if it will have an effect?

Shivmarie
02-12-13, 17:29
Well I stayed at work and was told its imflammed and that and said I might be in some discomfort but not much else from that so I thought I'd ask. Water is still coming out too. I meant my right ear is perforated it's the left that's been syringed I've confused myself today. Yeah the bad ear (right) I've had problems with since June :( the left has only started today due to stringing and that grommet x