PDA

View Full Version : Doctor wants to see me

MissSunshine
02-12-13, 18:41
I asked for a h pylori test as I keep getting acid reflux and today I had a phone call saying my results are back and the doctor wants to see me tomorrow, que panic!
My partner just got diagnosed with h plyori and he had a phone call from the receptionist saying he needs to pick up some antibiotics as he has it, we are with the same doctors.
The receptionist told me not to worry but i cant help it :(

how comes there calling me in to have a word? how comes it has to be as urgent as tomorrow? :weep:

trying my best not to freak out but cant help it since I have health anxiety!
x

Andria24
02-12-13, 18:55
Miss Sunshine - when it's really serious they either turn up at your door or insist you go right there, right now. Besides that, stomach bugs can be particularly nasty and left another few days you could be in bother, so better to be seen and treated ASAP.

Also factor in your anxiety. Maybe your doctor wants to discuss your mental health as well as the potential stomach bug?

Apple81
03-12-13, 08:51
I agree with Andria - seems to be the most likely scenario x

MissSunshine
03-12-13, 11:00
Thanks ladies I've been to the doctors and I have h plyori part of me is relieved that I have something to treat and hopefully have no more tummy pains but the other Half of me is scared because I heard about what h pylori can lead too and I'm unsure how long I've had it? Ibs started in 2010. Docs given me antibiotics to clear it up and didn't mention anything else x