PDA

View Full Version : New here

wilsano
02-12-13, 22:06
Hi I'm new here.

I always have constant intrusive thoughts that happen so much I start to believe them. They seem to come and go in spells.

Been to my first therapy session.

My thoughts have been happening for so long I don't experience extreme anxiety but did when they first appeared.

Is this normal in anxiety disorders.

Get them about my gf and they constantly run through my mind when I know they're it true but they won't go away.

username5927
03-12-13, 07:45
Welcome to the group! Glad you're here.

Anxiety gives me all kinds of, what i feel are, inappropriate thoughts. My therapist really helped me with CBT. He told me that you can be in a state of high anxiety and not know it. Mine came out with anger and rage a lot and a whole assortment of weird physical symptoms.

Stick with the therapy, even when you start feeling better. Lots of really good books to check out as well. I know how it can feel hopeless, but it's not.

---------- Post added at 07:45 ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 ----------

Welcome to the group! Glad you're here.

Anxiety gives me all kinds of, what i feel are, inappropriate thoughts. My therapist really helped me with CBT. He told me that you can be in a state of high anxiety and not know it. Mine came out with anger and rage a lot and a whole assortment of weird physical symptoms.

Stick with the therapy, even when you start feeling better. Lots of really good books to check out as well. I know how it can feel hopeless, but it's not.