PDA

View Full Version : I have unexplained weight loss

Callum2
02-12-13, 22:40
Hi, I recently went to my mental health therapist and had a check up, I was last weighed around 9 months ago, since then I have lost 2kg. I am a 17 year old male, and I have got taller. My therapist doesn't seem worried about it as it's not rapid weight loss. But as you can probably tell I'm so scared I'm ill. This year has been extra tough for me as in May one of my close family became really ill, so I was stressed and worried for quite some time. I'm thinking this could probably be the cause for the small weight loss. I have been weighing my self quite regularly for the last month or two on some old scales and it doesn't seem like I've lost any weight in that time, but as I said I have lost 2kg over 9 months. I currently weigh 52.5kg and I am around 5.8". Any opinions would be gladly appreciated!:)

Fishmanpa
02-12-13, 22:52
Callum,

Losing 2kg (4.5lbs) in 9 months for a growing 17 year old is nothing alarming in the least. Your body is growing and you're using more energy. Nothing a couple of pizzas or a few steaks a week can't fix! ;)

Positive thoughts!

Callum2
02-12-13, 23:05
Callum,

Losing 2kg (4.5lbs) in 9 months for a growing 17 year old is nothing alarming in the least. Your body is growing and you're using more energy. Nothing a couple of pizzas or a few steaks a week can't fix! ;)

Positive thoughts!

Hi thanks, for the reply, you have made me feel better! Sometimes abit of reassurance is what is needed :)

Fishmanpa
02-12-13, 23:21
Cool.... now go eat something! ;)

Positive thoughts

tigerlark
03-12-13, 04:02
No biggie! All through my teenage years, my weight fluctuated in a 10-pound range. In fact, it still does.. hmmm... haha.

ankietyjoe
03-12-13, 09:49
When I first got anxiety I lost 30lbs in 6 months and wasn't even remotely fat to start with.

It's really nothing to worry about.