PDA

View Full Version : A story from a survivor...

tigerlark
03-12-13, 04:23
Howdy, y'all! It has been quite some time since the last time I logged in here, so I thought I would share a bit of my story.

I can't believe I am actually here and able to say this, but.. it all started the week of Thanksgiving 2012. Wow, it is mind-blowing to me that it has been over a year. Secretly, my health anxiety and panic attacks were so bad that I didn't think I would live to see my next birthday! And now here I am! Time flies!

Anyway, I was diagnosed with panic disorder a little over a year ago after I had some incredibly intense panic attacks.. like, the kind that crash over you in waves for hours on end. I started having those every day and I couldn't function. I was put on clonazepam for about ten months (which I recently was able to stop taking-- WHOO HOO!) and went to therapy sessions a few times a month (for a while, it was as often as twice a week) over the course of a year. I also was given an anti-depressant, which was terrible for my body because I wasn't depressed.. stupid doctor.. but I digress!

Since then, I have gotten engaged, graduated university, and turned 24!

The whole point of this is to say.. I made it! I am not entirely HA/PD/GAD-free, but I am at a point where I no longer need medication (except on occasion) and can finally take some control of my life.

It is completely doable! So, if you're reading this and can relate even a little bit, go out and DO IT! BECAUSE YOU CAN!!!!

Blessings to all of you.

Granny Primark
03-12-13, 05:00
:yesyes:
Well done!
Its great to read stories like this.
It gives us all inspiration. Thanks for sharing. xxxx

Tanner40
03-12-13, 12:07
Thanks for sharing, Tiger. It's always good to read about people's successes and how much better they feel today. Congratulations on your hard work.

MrAndy
03-12-13, 12:47
well done Tiger,im getting very close now just a bit more effort and I think i am there !

tigerlark
04-12-13, 19:23
:yesyes:
Well done!
Its great to read stories like this.
It gives us all inspiration. Thanks for sharing. xxxx

Thank you so much!!! I just want to provide some inspiration and encouragement to people who might feel lost!

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Thanks for sharing, Tiger. It's always good to read about people's successes and how much better they feel today. Congratulations on your hard work.

Thanks, Tanner40! It means a lot to get messages like yours!

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

well done Tiger,im getting very close now just a bit more effort and I think i am there !

MrAndy, YOU CAN DO IT!!! I know you can! It will be over before you know it!