PDA

View Full Version : Heart burn?

misslove
03-12-13, 15:34
Okay, so i have been diagnosed with MVP and anxiety. I know the two go together. it seems that lately the panic attacks have been more frequent and more severe. I wake up with a racing heart and it feels like it's on fire.I think that's what worries me most of how hot my heart feels. It's gone by morning but scary when it happens. I'm wondering if i should call my Dr and try to go on anxiety meds to see if it would help. Can anyone relate to this feeling of pure panic for no reason at all? my heart starts racing and i just want to freak out and run to a corner and cry. I have to get some kind of hold on these panic attacks before i actually do just cry all the time. :scared15:

---------- Post added at 10:34 ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 ----------

ALSO I have had a bunch of EKGs done and they all came back normal. Could it be just indigestion? It doesn't feel like it's in the middle of my chest, more off to the left. :/

Andria24
03-12-13, 22:42
Your heart is in the centre of your chest. Anyway. I think you know that your anxiety is the root cause and, to answer your question, yes meds will help once you're on the correct type and dose.

Also bear in mind that to fully recover you will need a combination of meds and therapy, so discuss your options with your doctor.

To answer your question about panic then yes, I can relate to the pure panic. Take control of your illness and you'll take control of the attacks/anxiety

nomorepanic
03-12-13, 23:41
Andria - did you mean your heart is not in the centre of your chest lol?

kahi35
04-12-13, 00:10
I can relate to this burning feeling when get worked up I noticed this burning sensations too in both arms and chest. my heart doctor said its not from my heart. it scared me too but I just had all the test done couple days before so that's how I felt a little better but still couldn't sleep that night. sorry you feeling like this hope it gets better soon.